Maps

Started by Desertfox, March 01, 2007, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithekro

Okay, fixed.

The World:  1906

Borys

Ahoj!
Anybody have a problem with the South Atlantic BL Islands being called Flyssel?
Maybe the whole group is called that?

How do we call the Indian Ocena group?
Maledives? Nicobars? Diego Garcia? Gondowana?

The big thing between Niu Zeeland and South America - Maoria? Mu? Haka? Ragbee?

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Borys

Ahoj!
There is some confusion as to the BL and French borders.
This is how it looks like:

Any small differences are due to inadaquecies of the person messing with the maps, which is me :)

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Ithekro

Well we've sometimes called the group in the Indian Ocean the Greater Maledives, so I'd suppose the actual Maledives in the north end of the chain would be the Lesser Maledives.

The New Continent in the South Pacific has only be called "New Lands" and "Maoria", but it doesn't have an official designation.  I suppose that would depend on who "discovered" it.

What is Flyssel?

Borys

Ahoj!
Flyssel is a name I came up with for the South Atlantic Islands.
I was corresponding about them with Khymerian, so I my mind started to revolve around a Scandinavian name, but then again the Dutch would be more likely to get there before Scandinavians, so my mind brought up the name of a piece of Denmark - which it corrupted Vandevysself? Vanvyssel?
I decided that Flyssel looks Dutch enough.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

miketr

Quote from: Ithekro on March 21, 2007, 04:46:46 PM
Okay, fixed.

<CUT MAP PIC>

Shouldn't Brazil be the same color code as the rest of, "Imperial Spain"?

Also could someone explain what exactly the situation is with Philippines is?  By the map it looks like there is another country in the Islands.

Michael

Borys

Ahoj!

Fixed.
Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Desertfox

Borys the Phillipines should not be united, they where not in 1904 and should not here.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Ithekro

Can we call it factured in reality, but whole on the map?  Thus leading to story possiblities in 1906?

P3D

Why should it not be united? The Aragonian and the Spanish part united, again.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Desertfox

Because I had a strong claim for it (as strong as Earls for the ACM) and a storyline which I might or might not continue, and also Borys doesnt want to change anything, so why should this change?

swamphen

...because Iberia reunified?

(I see the Ibs got Branahua. That's likely going over REALLY big with the men in straw hats...)

P3D

Becasue the moderators decided so on the state of affairs as on the old site? Philippines belong to Iberia, case closed.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Ithekro

Note: Bahamas is still listed as disputed between UK and CSA...just because if I was in Richmond or Atlanta...and definately Jackson...I'd be raising hell if some Frog loving Royals decided to camp out off my coastline.

Desertfox

I had more than a strong enough case to argue for full NS ownership of all of the Phillipines with the exception of Luzon and Catadunes. At the very least it should be marked as disputed.