Maps

Started by Desertfox, March 01, 2007, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borys

Ahoj!
Shape is OK.

Minor points.
I think Uruguay is no longer Dutch, but Italian.

Is it France holding "Sokotra", the island between the Little and Big Bab-el-Madeb?

Sao Luis de Maranhao?

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

P3D

That island is Djibouti.
Sokotra is still there, East of Somalia.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Ithekro

QuoteSao Luis de Maranhao?

So you'd like it back to what your forces took in the north rather than trade it for the island...correct?

Can we confirm that with the Dutch player...does he want south american beef or have it go with some pasta?

P3D

Korpen did not want it at the first place.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Ithekro

So we're having Italian tonight?

P3D

Tonight it's italian. Just keep it in mind for the next time you update the map.

Ithekro

So Alfredo and Pesto take over the Plate.

maddox

Socotra was rented by the DKB.  As a recoaling post.

Ithekro

Rented from whom?  France?

maddox

Actualy from the moderator.  Nobody claimed Socotra at that time, and the little tiny spec was colored purple by the mapmakers, so it seemed to be french.  So yes, I would say in game rented/bought from France (not that any rent was collected- just an starting income).

Desertfox

Looks good, the BC Vigins should be Swiss as they where bought December 1904! As no one has the Falklands maybe the Swiss fleet that bought the Virgins made an "unscheduled" stop.

So no one in Australia, no problem. Ithekro if you feel like playing a muslim country go ahead and take it, if not I would like to have some (not total control) over it.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Ithekro

Any objections to those to places going to the Swiss?

Borys

Ahoj!
Of course!
The Virgin Islands transaction in Dec 1904 did not go through, so it is for Khymerion to sell or not.

The Falklands are a complicated story - in the pre-Van Owen era I was to rent them from the "E" country. Van Owen did not want to lease them to anybody, so the deal dropped. Due to importance of the Cape Horn route to me, I'm interested in either those islands, or Tierra del Fuego.

Ithekro - Sao Luis de Maranhao - you keep  showing it as Habsburg, but in the place were Belem de Para is. Leave it be - maybe I will trade it for something with the Iberians.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

P3D

Why shouldn't Tierra del Fuego belong to Argentina? If they are a sort of industrial power, They might not tolerate Yuropean imperialists on their home turf, especially if they can defend themselves.

On the other hand, they might lease some of those worthless islands to friendly powers that be.

Falklands: I am willing to give it to Earl, saying it wa in ACM possessions.

Ithekro

I don't know, I copied the position off your map.  I think that is way I wasn't understanding your question.

Does this solve the problem of southern south america...just have the USA claim it like Argentina would, and hold the Falkands as that give them some manner of control, as after the "E" left it reverted to the USA before.

Virgins haven't been sacrificed for the Swiss yet....you'll need to make an offering to some Norse gods to get your Virgins I suppose Foxy...truth be known, I think Rohan would have attempted to stop sale had they figured it out...no point having Swiss on both sides of our territory, as said, trust was becoming a rare thing when Rohan was dealing with the Swiss by 1904...so sense pushing things to a head when you still have a canal to finish.