Maps

Started by Desertfox, March 01, 2007, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borys

Ahoj!
I confess to having missed both counts of Bahamas in your news, Earl.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

The Rock Doctor

I'll assume Gran Colombia was still distracted by the Island Commonwealth and thus did not react to the UNK action.  In which case, UNK now has a set of small islands between two large and sometimes cranky powers...

Earl822

Yes, but that doesn't solve the problem of these appearing colonies I've not asked for.

I now envisage the UK as being the British Isles (minus Ireland), part of North America, the Azores, the Bahamas, and Liberia.

Unless we are going for a full restart, I have not got sufficient units (especially Army units) to hold any more, and even with just this I'm gonna be at full stretch.

As far as the Navy goes I'm fine, a bit thin on the ground, but fine.

I have no desire to control anything in East Africa as it is out of my sphere of understanding, and infulence. As for those Islands in the South Atlantic, the UK holdings there are pointless, they don't even sit on the logical trade routes.

With Permission I'd like to add several more corps of infantry to my army, and keep my 1905 ship construction, this will put the UK in a more secure position.

N.B.

I'll swap control of the Bahamas for Ireland.

swamphen

Comments on latest map...

Oman needs to be independent/neutral, looks like it's coloured Chinese?

Need a Portugal...or maybe not, perhaps the uprising there resulted in a union with PESN?

Speaking of which, if there is a Unified Spain then there's no need for the DKB to builfd Filipinas...

Austria should have Catanduanes (sp?).

BRAIN WAVE! Perhaps instead of UNK having Uganda (seeing as Earl believes Britannia is overstretched ;) ) perhaps _it_ could be a New Zion/Jewish State, I saw a very interesting alternate timeline once that featured exactly that. (This would also allow for one of the reasons I liked the Great Rift Valley - otherwise landlocked country using it as the 'only way out'.)

Japan should retain Eastern Siberia (Coldberia?). Who has Port Arthur?

Large island that is still white in central Indian Ocean...DKB?  :)

Borys

Ahoj!
I don't know how you ended up with Liberia - must had been at the time when I was AWOL.
This isn't a full restart - various 1905 events made you "regain" England. You now have to raise more army units.
As to Kenya - the local Grand Duke is begging you to come and protect them from the DKB.
Just like a NORMAN KING SHOULD!
:)

Portugal merged with Aragon-Navarra.
Catanduanes is too small to merit a pixel :)
If Earl is happy with Isreal-on-the-Nile I'm happy too.
Port Arthur reverts to the Manchus
Oman is Orange. "Nuff said :)
Joke aside - I'd like it neutral, gives me an opportunity to wax lyrical in correspondence with the Sultan.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Earl822

I was after Seirra Leone, and got a bit more than I bargained for. As for that bit of East Africa, it seems like a good place to put some displaced Jews

Borys

Ahoj!
I am sure it was a question of the colour spilling over, and you will get Sierra Leone.

Turns out that all those Kenyan Normans were not so "Norman" after all, but more "medditerranean" like ... the PM of Kenya being Sugarplum-Goldblossom should had made me expect that ...

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Ithekro

The Hapsburgs do have Catanduanes on these maps...one pixel...one pixel only.

So Liberia goes free with Sierra Leone being Norman.
Iceland?  Dutch, Baltic, or Free?
Ireland Free
Scotland - UK
Bahamas?  -Disputed or UK?  (probable place of tension).

Norman East Africa goes Jewish....ok. I've give it New Zion with that color, leaving Ireland white.

I'm clueless on the probability of "Iberia" (shutter) having a smooth reunion during 1905.

Kenya?  They've got lions...but do they got Brandenburgians?

Should the former Russian coast in the Pacific be Japanese or Chinese?  (I'm still reading Manchu as China/Middle Kingdom)  Not the Eastern Siberia part, that is solidly Japanese (right?), but the rest of it with Vladivostok?

The Numenor in the Indian Ocean?  Some other country (new player land?)

Phoenix

Correction: Port Arthur reverts to the Chinese. The Manchus are no longer part of the Middle Kingdom.
"Those who dance are often thought mad by those who cannot hear the music."
-- Tao Te Ching

Borys

Ahoj!
I'm happy with the pixel :) - it will show on a close up
Iceland - Baltic
Bahamas - if Swampy failed to rect to Earl, then UNK - and mods like international tension - gnaa, gnaa!
I will send you an e-mail with the Far East, latest version.
Numenor suffers the same event it did in 3319 of the Second Age.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Desertfox

??? Now Im totally confused...

Spain has all of the Phillipines? The Ottmans have a foothold in Australia?

I like a Jewish Uganda, NS could use it as a thorn in the Catholic DKB side.

On the Pacific Islands I want to retain the Volcano Islands (Iwo etc) but Okinawa and the others in that chain would be Japanese.

I have a good history explaining the Asian Wars only I cant post it untill I get back home (next Monday)
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Walter

You may only have Iwo when you promise me that you will blow it up like I did in the Wesworld. :D

Borys

Ahoj!
The Small Island New Swiss kept the little islands, so Iwo Jima and the Ryuko Islands should be NS.

Philippines - will the NS go to war with the Habsburgs, Aragon-Navarra and DKB over them?

The DKB are not Catholic - they are cheerful and light-hearted Calvinists.

The Firanj appealed to the Protector of the Faithful, the Sabre of Allah, the Trampler of Infidels, the One with Nine Tail Bunchuk for protection from the flearidden New Swiss dogs.

Borys

Bambi must DIE!

P3D

Ryukyu should be definitely Japanese.

Iwo Jima: debatable, I am leaning Japanese, though.
Or, if we give it to the Swiss, Japan should get some other pacific island.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

maddox

Can we settle the map before wednesday 12 pm EST?