Maps

Started by Desertfox, March 01, 2007, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P3D

I think Gibraltar should be given back to Spain. Same with Ceuta.
It would play a hell with Borys' machinations - something which adds a lot to the sim.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Borys

Ahoj!
Machinations?
ME?!?
I am a Honorable Christian Monarch!
Well, I might have a little plot or two for my Dynasty's Aggrandizement going on at any time, but MACHINATIONS?!?

:D
Do I sound like the New Swiss already?
:)
Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Earl822

I'm ok with not having Gibralter, but the UKA has played for Ceuta in the past.

P3D

Hm, that's true, but AFAIK you failed to take it.
Or did you?
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Borys

Ahoj!
It was Tangier.
The UKA balls-up there caused the old king to have a stroke.
I screwed up in at Tangier too :), loosing 2 or 3 thousand men, and Oberst Schadenfreude.
And KK Schlachtiger (the mastermnd of Ponta Delgada landings) wrecked the shaft in the freshly repaired SMS Graenzer while rescuing Austrian infantry off the wharf.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Earl822

The original plan was to go for Tangier, then March on Ceuta once re-enforcements were landed. They are not great loss, especially as we have done away with the Isthmus.

Borys

Ahoj!
How about this?
I lost track on Big and Small Island New Swiss, and other crazy Pacific Ocean stuff. I can't draw this - but to keep things tidy I suggest to increase Hawaian landmass to 90,000 km - that is more than enough for 10 million people.

There is a Khazaria there, and new central European countries - Bayern-Schwaben and Kievite Rus.
All the Iberic Kingdoms are combined into Iberic Empire, and get Brazil and reunite the Philippines.

Rohan has a protectorate over primitives in Araucania, in Central Chile.
White Chile - DKB? NS? GC?

As the "E" country idea is chucked out the window, Ireland rebels against Norman overlords and brings the descendents of the Stuarts to the throne - the Wittelsbachs. Meanwhile, the Scots want no truck with Episcopalians reeking heavily of Papism, so they asked fellow calvinist Wilhelmina of Orange to the throne. Originally it was to be WILHELM - of Nue Brandenburg, but the meeting dragged out into the night, everybody was tired, somebody misheard somebody, and the envoy sailed with the morning tide - bearing letters to WilhelmINA.
The UKA - the exiled kadet branch - comes back and reclaims their coveted "England".

Cannot upload map, so maybe Maddox or P3D will do it for me.
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/elfkabezhaltera/?action=view&current=navalism_1906a.gif
My Maping Powers are not so good, so appologies

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Desertfox

The DKB probably wont fight over the Phillipines, but if Austria wants to fight...bring it on!  Thats what we are here for right? ;D

Note, that I want to keep William of Orange as the founder of the Kingdom of Australia (NS Puppet). NS will be a Protestant nation with adversions to Catholic nations, explaining the war and hatred towards the Austrians and Spanish.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Borys

Ahoj!
And this is where the NPC problem comes in - I'd expect the both Aragon and PESN to oppose you as well.  It is PESN territory, and the NS are running dog imperialists. Aragon considers itself to be just as good claimant to those islands as the PESN, and it could/should prefer them to be in Castillian hands until Carlos VIIth will reunite Spain again.
On the other hand - are those islands with 2M population, 500,000 of which are bloodthristy Moros - worth fighting for?

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

maddox

Goody goody,  the venerable Colt 1911 APC can get a early lease on life then....

Desertfox ,I doubt you'll like the results if Schlock shoots one of those with his airgun.

Borys

Ahoj!
The Colt 1911 APC is in Habsburg service already :)
Herr Browning was asked to design two automatic pistols - a cheapo blowback 0,32 (7,65mm) for self defense of heavy machine gunners etc., and heavy duty automatic 0,433 (11mm).
These are already in production, and have been blooded in Brazil.

Herr Browning is trying to come up with working MachineGewehr in 0,256 and 0,308 calibres, though.
The Naval Browning 0,433 sMG is standard on new ships, and retrofitted to older ships.
Some were jury-riged as tatschankas.
Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Desertfox

Seeing that NS is much closer to the islands than Spain, and the Phillipinos not liking Spain too much, I say I have a good claim, now would it stand up in court? Maybe not, but who needs lawyers, when we have Battleships!

Those islands in Spanish/Austrian hands are a thorn on the side of NS, they also provide good harbors. NS preferes them to be independant than an European outpost.

I also want to change history a bit. Spain is more useful as a strong NPC than in two rival parts. And with no Chinese war NS would have been able to bring more power against the Spanish. So if its not a problem with you (shouldnt affect you too much) I want to change history to the following:

War starts after NSS Justice explodes in Manila Bay.

Battle of Manila Bay, a small NSN Fleet caught in a nigthtime melee and destroyed, NSS Vesuvius bombards forts of Manila Bay gains nickname of the Scourge of Manila, the NSEF captures the main fort. (replaced the Battle of Yantai)

Battle of Taiwan Strait, Main NSN fleet defeats the joint Spanish/Austrian fleet. (replaces the OR-Austrian, Battle of Taiwan Strait)

OR declares war on Austria, captures Namibia.

Taal Volcano explodes, ceasefire agreed between combatants, NS keeps Southern Phillipines.

That would be the situation as of 1906, there would not be a Spanish Civil War (or at least not as big) but GC would still use the war as an oportunity to "liberate" Cuba.

Borys

Ahoj!
QuoteI also want to change history a bit.
No.
QuoteSpain is more useful as a strong NPC than in two rival parts.
If various Borys/Habsburg scheming comes to fruitition, you will get an Iberian Empire. PC or NPC, as strong as the Habsburgs.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

BattleofthePyramids

Borys raised this in the New Zion thread, but this seems the right place for geography questions so here goes:

1.  Once the Russian empire broke up, did Rostov become New Zionist?

2.  What is that inland sea providing the coast for New Zion?  An enlarged Caspian or Aral sea?  There seem to be two narrow straits, one more or less North, connecting the New Zion coast to the Black sea, the other East (?) connecting to the Indian Ocean.  Is that more or less right?  The answer will bear a lot on how I structure my new fleet.

2.  Can I get an estimate on New Zion population and economic resources, ports, harbors, docks and the like?

3.  To Desert Fox:  If you are going to rewrite the Battle of Taiwan straits without OR forces, shouldn't the result be an Austrian victory or at least a draw?  Your ships don't look THAT much more powerful than what I designed ;D

4.  And, a general question:  How are naval battles going to be resolved in this sim?  As stories, or something else?

Desertfox

Why not Borys? It doesnt really affect you.

BoP: My ships however have the speed advantage and are newer. Plus the 3rd Battle of Taiwan Strait was an Austrian defeat, and since I wont be fighting China I need a victory to replace the ones against China (1st and 2nd Taiwan, Fuzhou) and a reason to be left with Southern Phillipines.