General Social/Chatter Thread

Started by The Rock Doctor, May 11, 2020, 02:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock Doctor

Currently rocking and wobbling aboard MV Fundy Rose in the Bay of Fundy.

I should sim her when I get home.

Kaiser Kirk

neat :)

Hope you're having Fun(dy)
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Jefgte

Quote...Bay of Fundy...

Originally: "Baye Francoise" in 1603.

"Fundy Bay" in 1720.
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

The Rock Doctor

Well, the vacation is over but the COVID is beginning.  Mrs. Rock has it, I'm sure I'll get it.

But maybe I'll find a bit of time in the next few days to post a bit.

Kaiser Kirk

Sorry to hear that.
For me it was very mild, was mainly just sleeping a great deal.
Hopefully you two will be asymptomatic or just at that mild level.

The thing I did not expect is I kept testing positive.
At day 11 ...positive, by day 14 negative.
Felt good after day 2, an 'well' after day 4...
So I worked from home and kept isolating.

Groceries and basics for that time period started running low,
and friends offered to help.

The Rock Doctor

We're good for a lot of basics but junk food is in short supply.  I suppose we could set up an Amazon delivery for some stuff.

More problematic is that Mrs. Rock is supposed to be matron of honor at a wedding in ten days, so the bride has been notified.

Desertfox

The big problem is how widely varying the recovery period is. I had symptoms for 2 weeks, while my wife only had them for 1. Hopefully ya'll recover quickly!
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Jefgte

QuoteThe big problem is how widely varying the recovery period is. I had symptoms for 2 weeks, while my wife only had them for 1. Hopefully ya'll recover quickly!

This is unfortunately true, 100% recovery can be spread over several weeks. I hope yours will be very quick.
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on July 27, 2022, 09:14:58 AM
More problematic is that Mrs. Rock is supposed to be matron of honor at a wedding in ten days, so the bride has been notified.

Well, I suppose a 'special sort of gift' would probably not be appreciated.

I lucked out at the beginning of the Pandemic.
A friend had a wedding...superbowl weekend...and a pair of guests missed with the flu....which later turned out
to be an early case of Covid.

The Rock Doctor

Looking at the calendar and our trip, my uneducated guess is that last Tuesday's two hour ferry ride was our problem. 

The Missus had a really rough day yesterday and I was pretty close to hauling her off to the hospital given her difficulty breathing, but today is less terrible.  I'm developing a sore throat, which tells me how my impending long weekend is likely to go.  I'll do some extra farm chores today in case I have to flake out over the next few days.

On a different note, I learned that the Maritime Museum of Quebec is about six hours from our home, just off the main highway.  We skipped it on account of the ships being closed for COVID precautions (ironic) but they have a small icebreaker and Canada's experimental ASW hydrofoil there normally available for tours.  Maybe next year.

Kaiser Kirk

Glad to hear she's improving, may your sore throat be a mild whatever at worst.

The hydrofoil would be neat to see.

The Rock Doctor

Spending some awake time adding the appropriate .sship files to my encyclopedia.  Gives me a little insurance against computer failures.

The Rock Doctor

Looks like I'm good back to around 1913-14, then stuff is lost on the old computer.  Stuff before that exists if I've rebuilt the sim for refurbishment planning.  But that's probably fine.  Not a lot of old hulls likely to get reworked.

TacCovert4

I know that feeling.  My older stuff, unless I re-sim it all, is just going to be FC upgrades and then scrap.
His Most Honorable Majesty,  Ali the 8th, Sultan of All Aztecs,  Eagle of the Sun, Jaguar of the Sun, Snake of the Sun, Seal of the Sun, Whale of the Sun, Defender of the Faith, Keeper of the Teachings of Allah most gracious and merciful.

The Rock Doctor

I popped my head into Wesworld and apparently Bruce Duncan passed away last year, so that's sad.