How to start playing navalism?

Started by olekit24, January 23, 2016, 12:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olekit24

Good day.
I'd like to join you in Navalism. Is it possible?

Tanthalas

Dont know who is still available, but I would imagine it is.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Darman

It absolutely is still available!  I don't know which countries are open right now but I'll get back to you in a second

Darman

There are quite a few countries available but the largest two would be Spain and Sweden. 

olekit24

If to take Spain, will it be possible to unite it with Portugal? Or Portugal is playing by somebody? (I did not found that info)
And will it be possible to accept Morocco, Haiti, Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua as colonies?

And if to take Sweden, will it be possible to attach Denmark and her colonies to the country?

Darman

Quote from: olekit24 on January 23, 2016, 01:13:04 PM
If to take Spain, will it be possible to unite it with Portugal? Or Portugal is playing by somebody? (I did not found that info)
And will it be possible to accept Morocco, Haiti, Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua as colonies?

It will take one of the moderators to answer that question officially.  But I will tell you that it doesn't hurt to ask.  I think you are more likely to get Portugal and Spain together as a sort of Greater Iberia.  The colonies.... definitely talk to the moderators. 

QuoteAnd if to take Sweden, will it be possible to attach Denmark and her colonies to the country?

Again, that's a decision for the moderators.  But do ask. 

Logi

Colonies aren't something doled out for free. If Spain did not own the territory in 1875 (our Point of Divergence) then it does not own it in our sim. In particular, Morocco, Haiti, Panama, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua are all not Spanish colonies. They all declared independence some 60 years before our PoD.

The sim bases itself on historical circumstances which informs our actions going forward in an effort to ground ourselves in reality. Hence, land and territory cannot be carelessly given away.

As for uniting Spain with Portugal or Sweden with Denmark... I will have to discuss that with Snip. As a reminder, if deemed possible it would have to occur in events following 1875.

olekit24

ok, I will wait ))

But I should notice that at the beginning of 1870-s Spain received control on some territories of Morocco, named sovereign territories (Ceuta, Benzu, Al Hoseima, Melilla) and territories in Western Sahara. Moreover, Spain controls Guinea, but that marked at the Navalism map )

Logi

Yes, Spain has some lands in Morocco, but they do not own the whole of it - that was my point.

olekit24

And I agree with you on that point ))

snip

We would also like to see what you can do with Springsharp, please feel free to start a thread here.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: Logi on January 23, 2016, 01:55:34 PM

As for uniting Spain with Portugal or Sweden with Denmark... I will have to discuss that with Snip. As a reminder, if deemed possible it would have to occur in events following 1875.

I'd rather see a unified Sweden-Denmark than Portugal/Spain. I believe the latter runs into problems with the English.
However, overall I'd rather see the map 'as-is' and any country mergers be storyline matters post 1900.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Jefgte

Spain / Portugal (Iberia Confederation) is a better place for colonial conquests than Sweden.
Iberian have also friendly countries in South America.

Jef  ;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Tanthalas

I looked at a Unified Sweden Denmark, it just wasn't viable as a player country.  Spain/Portugal Proly be better (even without it's empire)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

olekit24

Here I posted my design in springsharp 3

And of course United Spain will be prefferable for me and to the gameworld,I think ))