Main Menu

Kingdom of Italy, HY2/1900

Started by Kaiser Kirk, September 13, 2014, 01:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser Kirk

The following reflects the units mobilized and activated for the events in Austria-Hungary.
The $1 budgeted to shipyard subsidies is counted from the civilian realm, as a sort of unemployment.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Kaiser Kirk

With the Constantinople conference starting in early July and wrapping up later that month,
there is little reason for the Italians to have kept their naval forces in the Adriatic, and since they've had July to plan, they should have their troops home by the End of August.
More to the point, during this time period they won't be using munitions at a war rate. 
So the "Mobilized" status I had for several divisions and ships is inapppropriate.

As a result, I'm revamping my HY2 Budget.
For the activated/mobilized divisions, I've split them in half to pay for June-August as Mobilized (1/2 of a 1/2 year), and the other half their regular status.
Presuming 4% losses in the 3 front line divisions (Marines were border patrol), I've allocated funds to rebuild those units.
The Italians are also tossing in training and arms for a brigade of Gottschee volunteers, using "modern" Italian equipment, and one for any Slovene volunteers using warehoused Equipment.
A small relocation fund is also established for any slovenes in Kustenland that wishes to go "home" to Carinola.

Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest