Forum Suggestions

Started by Logi, August 05, 2013, 01:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logi

A few features for the forum that I've wanted for a long time.

However, given I'm not quite familiar with web-dev, I'm not sure what workload implementing these features would entail.
In any case, if Guinness has time to look over and accept/cast-out the options below (and any anyone else mentions), that would be wonderful.

An irc might be nice if anyone wants one (I can set this up off-site to prevent the same issues as before).

Guinness

Latex support!  :)

I'll see if I can't get my dev env refreshed in the next day or two for those plugins. Tab indentation is another problem, as I've not found a plugin to do that, and am not terribly keen to try to write one.

For irc, we could probably start a channel on quakenet or efnet. Freenode is probably less appropriate. The hosting the current site is using precludes running an IRC server unfortunately. I've kicked around the idea of moving to Amazon Web Services, but that would be more expensive.

Darman

IRC would be nice.  I was actually just bemoaning the fact that I can't really discuss anything with anyone in real-time (which is when I get my best ideas, personally). 

Logi

For the time being, I've started a channel on irc.quakenet.org, #Navalism. Feel free to join.