Jefgte

"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

KWorld

Quote from: Jefgte on June 19, 2013, 08:22:13 AM
This one

http://www.dipwiki.com/?title=Imperial

Heh, I like it too, but it has the downside that we'd have to figure out the population for each of those areas.  :(  [It's also colored for 1861, with the Confederate States of America on the map, etc, but that's relatively easily cleaned up.]

Jefgte

So, KW, Did you fix the restart date?

:)
Surcouf

KWorld

Quote from: Jefgte on June 19, 2013, 10:32:08 AM
So, KW, Did you fix the restart date?

:)

Hey, who made me dictator?  :)

I'd lean towards 1900, for a couple reasons:

1 - We've already got ships for that period, so restarting would be relatively straightforward.
2 - By 1900, the technological changes that kept up-ending ship designs from 1880-1895 had started to settle down.

Jefgte

QuoteHey, who made me dictator? 

I'd lean towards 1900, for a couple reasons:

1 - We've already got ships for that period, so restarting would be relatively straightforward.
2 - By 1900, the technological changes that kept up-ending ship designs from 1880-1895 had started to settle down.

Dictator!!!

No democratic Modo
;)

Ok, 1900, but the restart fleet had not the same objectif than the old. SS must be adapted & the quantity in each type of ships adapted or new type created.
(SS 1895-96-97-98-99 - total tonnage adjusted with the quantity of ships )

:)  :)  :)
Surcouf

Delta Force

What kind of economic system will we be using? I was thinking we could branch out from the cash and BP system to perhaps include other resources and industries. They would be split between resources and goods produced in factories. Here are some resources I came up with for a game I made that starts in 1950. I imagine fissile materials won't be too useful until close to the end of any game we would play.

Natural Resources:
Money
Agriculture
Energy (basically coal)
Crude Oil
Petroleum Products
Minerals
Rare Minerals

Factory Goods:
Military Equipment
Consumer Goods
Petroleum Products
Industrial Products
Fissile Materials

KWorld

Quote from: Delta Force on June 26, 2013, 03:46:39 AM
What kind of economic system will we be using? I was thinking we could branch out from the cash and BP system to perhaps include other resources and industries. They would be split between resources and goods produced in factories. Here are some resources I came up with for a game I made that starts in 1950. I imagine fissile materials won't be too useful until close to the end of any game we would play.

Natural Resources:
Money
Agriculture
Energy (basically coal)
Crude Oil
Petroleum Products
Minerals
Rare Minerals

Factory Goods:
Military Equipment
Consumer Goods
Petroleum Products
Industrial Products
Fissile Materials

As tempting as it is to make things a bit more interesting and complicated, I don't know that adding additional resources would help much, at least not without going to a new map or changing where resources are on Earth.  Historically, when a colonial power grabbed a colony, they could see what sort of agriculture the locals had, what sort of consumer goods they produced, and if they had enough gold/silver to have those metals be prominent.  The colonizing power wouldn't learn for years whether there was oil, coal, or in some cases even whether the gold and silver where local or brought in via trade.