Brazilian Design Competition 1901

Started by Darman, February 13, 2013, 09:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanthalas

True, but atleast for Italia with my already existing commitments and construction plans I cant realisticly build for anyone else (well not in any sort of reasonable period anyway).

Quote from: KWorld on February 21, 2013, 08:40:30 AM
Quote from: snip on February 21, 2013, 08:26:04 AM
Quote from: Delta Force on February 21, 2013, 12:05:50 AM
The defense industry was a lot more lasiez-faire before World War I. The UK used Austro-Hungarian siege mortars in the Boer War, Russia purchased Krupp artillery for Krondstadt, and the triple turrets of Tegetthoff were originally designed for an IRN order. Everyone was selling to everyone until after the Great War, although of course there were still protected technologies like rapid fire artillery.

All may not be as was

Certainly possible, but at this point, if it is, most of us don't know that.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

KWorld

My point was not so much about building for others (though that's a part of it), but if the various alliances that have sprung up have changed the world atmosphere to a greater extent than historical, it would be good to know that.  If, for instance, the members of the Treaty of Rome have been putting tarriff barriers in place to exclude trade with non-members, or have entered into exclusive contracts with Mr. Marconi, etc.

Darman

Just an FYI the ABCs don't belong to any of these alliances and probably never will.  This decision had less to do with alliances (Brazil isn't in any) and more to do with the offers available.