Potential Shipyard Locations

Started by Delta Force, January 02, 2013, 10:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delta Force

While drawing up my 1900 naval program I have discovered that Krondstat will become very crowded just building all of the IRN's Baltic and Pacific capital ships, nonetheless maintaining them. I am going to require an additional facility to carry out construction and maintenance of ships and would like some advice on where a good secondary shipyard can be constructed. Is there another location near St. Petersburg where I could build a facility or do only Finland and the Baltic states have enough room and industrialization for a new Baltic shipyard?

KWorld

The Admiralty Shipyard is built along the Neva behind the Admiralty building in Saint Petersburg itself.  Baltic Works is built on the southwestern part of  Vasilievsky Island in Saint Petersburg.  Realistically, I'd expect further shipyards to be concentrated in Saint Petersburg itself, though Finland and the Baltics certainly did have some minor shipyards.

Guinness

This link has a table at the bottom of "Imperial Russian Shipyards" which may be of use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hietalahti_shipyard