Big Ass Map

Started by Tanthalas, September 09, 2012, 10:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobody

If we want some space, why not let everyone with colonies give up some of them (e.g. a third)? And after that we can decide who needs a little more or get something back.

About America: If we want a second power there aside from the US, how about a more powerful and larger Mexico (which gets some parts of the south US or CSA) instead of an additional country (the CSA)?

The maps looking good Tan.

Tanthalas

Thanks man, like I said I had alot more done on it then lost it... I didnt feal to stupid realy LOL.

Quote from: Nobody on September 11, 2012, 02:10:47 AM
If we want some space, why not let everyone with colonies give up some of them (e.g. a third)? And after that we can decide who needs a little more or get something back.

About America: If we want a second power there aside from the US, how about a more powerful and larger Mexico (which gets some parts of the south US or CSA) instead of an additional country (the CSA)?

The maps looking good Tan.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

KWorld

Of the two, I think a larger Mexico is more plausible than a CSA.

I'm not necessarily for or against either idea, but if either one comes into play, OTL US history from that divergence goes out the window and a new history (including ships, fortifications, etc) has to be created.

snip

Ok, so I had a thought for the house regarding the British Empire. Given the population figures I have found do break up the componates of empires into colonies, it would be easyer from a setup standpoint to have the Brits keep all of India and instead forfeit all of her African possessions aside from Egypt and the Canal. These would instead be split between France (as compensation to the part of India currently marked) , the control of some other power (Germany?), and left as independent nations. What says the house?
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tanthalas

Well here it is, in its curent iteration...  the 2 white spaces in Africa are likley to go to France and I still need to recolor india to all british I supose =P, but opinions on whats finished are welcome (besides didnt want yall to think I forgot about it)

To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Logi

I was told the choice was Spain/Iberia - which I assumed, and perhaps wrongly, that it would be Iberia as a nation. So correct if I'm wrong :-\

Tanthalas

Far as I know (and its been colored in for awhile and no one has yelled at me about it) Spain is Spain + Pacific Colonies OTL at this point Portugal was Independant (and had been for quite some time)

Quote from: Logi on September 15, 2012, 05:28:51 PM
I was told the choice was Spain/Iberia - which I assumed, and perhaps wrongly, that it would be Iberia as a nation. So correct if I'm wrong :-\
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

snip

Quote from: Logi on September 15, 2012, 05:28:51 PM

Its going to make little difference to the stat lines. I ment it as Spain or Iberia. Your call, the having a independatnt Protugal creates some interesting political dynamic.
-Siegfried Sassoon

KWorld

Does the UK have Egypt, or does Italy own the Suez canal and hence have a boot on the throat of the Empire?

Tanthalas

Canal Zone 200 miles wide (or so) , if you zoom it up to full size you can see it.

Quote from: KWorld on September 15, 2012, 07:57:46 PM
Does the UK have Egypt, or does Italy own the Suez canal and hence have a boot on the throat of the Empire?
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

KWorld

The reason I asked was I was comparing the comments on the map to this:

> it would be easyer from a setup standpoint to have the Brits keep all of India and instead forfeit all of her African possessions
> aside from Egypt and the Canal.

and not getting the same imagery.

Other than that, and the already noted issue on India, and the re-expanding A-H in the Balkans, looks pretty solid.

Tanthalas

I had AH expanded into the Balkans... at a player request they were pruned back so we have that horibly chaotic everyone hates everyone region.  As to Egypt it was a judgement call honestly it works though.  England is compleatly out of Africa, im working on fixing India atm, and  just finished North America.

Quote from: KWorld on September 16, 2012, 03:34:35 AM
The reason I asked was I was comparing the comments on the map to this:

> it would be easyer from a setup standpoint to have the Brits keep all of India and instead forfeit all of her African possessions
> aside from Egypt and the Canal.

and not getting the same imagery.

Other than that, and the already noted issue on India, and the re-expanding A-H in the Balkans, looks pretty solid.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Nobody

I'm not a big fan of having lots of additional colonies, but how about making Benin German, to decrease the length of the French-German border? (population wise its not really going to matter)
Also shouldn't South Africa be Dutch?

Edit:
I just noticed as a colony Toto used to be bigger (roughly 30% if I had to guess) before being divided in 1919. I don't think its worth redrawing though, you could probably not spot the difference anyway.

Tanthalas

On Benin I could do that (I actualy thought about it initialy), as to South Africa I agonized over that decision and im still not sure I got it right.  My reason for making it French was that giving France Teritory was suposed to be my primary goal (well possibly secondary right after divesting GB of teritory).

Quote from: Nobody on September 16, 2012, 04:58:53 AM
I'm not a big fan of having lots of additional colonies, but how about making Benin German, to decrease the length of the French-German border? (population wise its not really going to matter)
Also shouldn't South Africa be Dutch?

Edit:
I just noticed as a colony Toto used to be bigger (roughly 30% if I had to guess) before being divided in 1919. I don't think its worth redrawing though, you could probably not spot the difference anyway.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

snip

Ya, that canal zone is going to make life rather fun *dumps a large chunk of the British Army there along with lots of coast defense guns* I suppose I should also ask about Gibraltar, I still need it, is it mine?
-Siegfried Sassoon