North America Buildup

Started by Guinness, June 07, 2011, 01:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desertfox

Here you go:

http://thomaslegion.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/indian_tribes.jpg

I also have Papagos, Pueblo, Pima, and Yavapai, but those are not as fun. Without the US Army's presence, the Southwest is going to be a crazy place...
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

ctwaterman

Yes... and honestly do not expect them to be Friendly.....

Charles
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Tanthalas

Quote from: ctwaterman on July 07, 2011, 02:21:33 AM
Yes... and honestly do not expect them to be Friendly.....

Charles

in some cases absolutly dont expect them to be friendly im not even sure the British could have negotiated with the Comanchee for example.  However most of my Natives got along fairly well OTL with the Mormons, and I intend to follow the british practice of making a treaty and STICKING TO IT as practiced in Canada (ofcourse I also intend to follow a few other british practices for dealing with Natives to)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Guinness

Quote from: TexanCowboy on July 06, 2011, 11:12:37 PM
I believe so, except for the minor issues. Good.

One of the mods want to make my last map into a high-res one?

Confirm for me what's changing:

1. Snip wants a little more coast at the cost of a little less inland territory.
2. Move the eastern border of California a little bit further east in Wyoming

anything else?

ctwaterman

If you look at Tex's last map... he had it close, plus the changes you mentioned.

Quotein some cases absolutly dont expect them to be friendly im not even sure the British could have negotiated with the Comanchee for example.  However most of my Natives got along fairly well OTL with the Mormons, and I intend to follow the british practice of making a treaty and STICKING TO IT as practiced in Canada (ofcourse I also intend to follow a few other british practices for dealing with Natives to)

I fully intend to follow the British practice instituted by Lord Amherst.  I will take blankets from a recent outbreak of I believe it was Small Pox or Cholera out of storage and give them to the natives. :'(

Lets not set the British up as some saints here they wanted to utilize the natives to stop the Westward spread of the US and after 1814 when that was no longer economicaly feasable and the US had seized control of Lake Champlain and Lake Erie blocking British resupply they basically thru their Indian Allies under the Bus.  The US continued its war against the tribes in Illinois and Indiana until 1817, free from British interference or supply to the natives.
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

TexanCowboy

I think I have Apaphro too, maybe even a few Cheyenne. Plus a bunch of the "civilized" tribes.

Guinness

Tanthalas

To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

snip

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

TexanCowboy

Also looking good to me. Yay!

*scurries off to write extensive backstory*

Tanthalas

Quote from: TexanCowboy on July 07, 2011, 11:54:19 AM
Also looking good to me. Yay!

*scurries off to write extensive backstory*

I have been working on an extensive backstory for 2 days... I kind of got sidetracked with a Constitution like Document though.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Desertfox

The Colorado Plateau up to the Colorado River should be Mexican pink. Other than that looks good. Just got done checking whats in that area, other than Albuquerque, Soccoro, and a couple more towns along the Rio Grande, there is nothing but Indians there. All of the current towns in that area where a product of the railroad, which doesn't exist here.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Guinness

the current border in Arizona was the product of my baby-splitting operation. As noted before, I didn't expect it would make anyone happy.

TexanCowboy

So I got Comanche, Kiowa, Arapaho, Mescalero Apache, and then the civilized tribes if Charles doesn't want them; I can set aside part of Arkansas for them.

Wooboy, those tribes and the Texas Rangers....the border's gonna be fun! :D

Tanthalas

oh im fine with it, I have to explain how/when it was established in my timeline but thats no biggy to me, well other than I aparently own part of the land of Entrapment (New Mexico Come on Vacation Leave on Probation)

Tex You have the Rangers, I have Porter Rockwell, Ephe Hanks, and William Adams all of who were leaders/members of the Destroying Angels/Avenging Angels ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danites ) although they all die before actual startup im sure their multipule children can produce a sufficiant sucessor for them.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650