Out of town

Started by TexanCowboy, December 19, 2009, 09:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexanCowboy

I will be away from Texas for a week. I will have no way of accessing Navalism. If you have something that you NEED to know, PM me marked ASAP. I'll try to post my H2 report when we get back.

TexanCowboy

maddox

Tanthalas

"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

TexanCowboy

Tanthalas, let's make this into a wager. Bama wins, you give me Freawine, battleship of the Mark. If Texas wins, I give you Virginia.

Guinness

Giving up Virginia would cause a bit of a political problem at home. The CSA is supposed to always have a ship in commission named Virginia :)

At any rate, it's an academic question. I don't think the Horns have a chance in this one.

TexanCowboy

That's what they said in 05. That's what they always say. And fine, it doesn't have to be the Virginia, it can be one of its half-sister's, such as the Neovo Leon.

Sachmle

Quote from: TexanCowboy on December 19, 2009, 10:59:04 AM
Tanthalas, let's make this into a wager. Bama wins, you give me Freawine, battleship of the Mark. If Texas wins, I give you Virginia.

Why would Tan give you a BB if HE wins, and you give him a BB if YOU win? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Walter

No doubt that, eventhough he wants Tex to win, he's quite certain that 'Bama wins.

Tanthalas

Quote from: Sachmle on December 19, 2009, 01:10:48 PM
Quote from: TexanCowboy on December 19, 2009, 10:59:04 AM

Why would Tan give you a BB if HE wins, and you give him a BB if YOU win? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I was wondering aobut that myself having just read that post... its obvious that even Texas Fans accept that the Tide is going to win...
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

TexanCowboy

Never mind, rephraseing

Tanthalas, let's make this into a wager. Texas wins, you give me Freawine, battleship of the Mark. If Bama wins, I give you Virginia.

Tanthalas

Quote from: TexanCowboy on December 19, 2009, 02:06:22 PM
Never mind, rephraseing

Tanthalas, let's make this into a wager. Texas wins, you give me Freawine, battleship of the Mark. If Bama wins, I give you Virginia.

Virginia isnt worth as much as Freawine... for one thing it has 2 fewer main guns.  For another I only bet on Sure things, like Boisie State taking it to TCU (I dont say Boisie will win but GOD there will be alot of points scored in that game)
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

TexanCowboy

Starkhorn for Buchanan?

ctwaterman

The Standard bet around here is a Tooney... which is a Canadian Double Loon or 2$ Canadian..... but with the Canadian Dollar now worth signficantly more then $.50 its getting expensive....

Charles
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Jefgte

I will be away in south of France from 28 march to 3-4 april.
Acces to Navalism, other Warships forums "ll be very low  :'(
If neccessary, Rocky & Mike could take all useful dispositions for NUS.

Jef  ;)

"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Jefgte

To all Admirals...

"I am back"

Jef  ;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf