Boooring!

Started by Guinness, July 03, 2008, 08:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guinness

Well military standard is SS2 price in british pounds x 10, BP is light tonnage divided by 1000, just like any other warship.

For the large example, that's $4.85 and 10 BP, vs. $7.36 and 8.643 BP, using the 1/4 the cost in weight and machinery + full cost of all the armament, armor, and misc weight formula.

For the small example, it's $3.07 and 6 BP, vs $4.25 and 4.984 BP.

So cheaper in $, but more expensive in BP. Sort of a pick your poison situation. Or am I doing something wrong?

Sachmle

Quote from: guinness on August 06, 2008, 07:19:11 PM
Well military standard is SS2 price in british pounds x 10, BP is light tonnage divided by 1000, just like any other warship.

So cheaper in $, but more expensive in BP. Sort of a pick your poison situation. Or am I doing something wrong?

Well, um...yes. We switched to $=BP a few years ago...don't know if it never got posted in the rules.....So the $ cost is the same as the BP cost, except in the following: DDs are BPx1.25=$ cost, subs are BPx2=$ cost.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

P3D

Switched back to BP=$, to be accurate.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Guinness

Gah! Headache. So from the rules:

Ship cost in $ equals SS2 GBP cost x10
Building of a ship takes up a considerable part of nations heavy industrial capacity. 1BP equals 1000t of light displacement, thus a ship of 20000t displacement requires 20BP to build.

The first statement is no longer true? Should that read instead:

Building of a ship takes up a considerable part of nations heavy industrial capacity. 1BP equals 1000t of light displacement, thus a ship of 20000t displacement requires 20BP to build.

Ship cost in $ equals the BP cost, thus a ship that requires 20BP  to build costs $20.

Followed by some language about destroyers and subs, etc.?

Borys

Ahoj!
Right on, Guiness!
Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!