more Ships for sale

Started by ledeper, November 23, 2007, 03:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ledeper

Ships for sale/scrapping

BCS BB Torden (Laid down Jan 01 - Commissioned Jan 03)
BCS BB Lyn (Laid down July 01 - Commissioned July 03)

CL 03 Tyr¤
CL 04 Loki¤
CL 05 Balder¤
CL 06 Hother¤
CL 07 Njord¤
CL 08 Heimdahl¤
CL 09 Frej¤
CL 10 Mod¤

CL 11 Magne¤
CL 12 Surt¤
CL 13 Brage¤
CL 14 Sleipner¤
CL 15 Freja ¤
CL 16 Hel¤
¤Sold to Nihon Kaigun will be handed over 1/10

miketr

???

6 Year old BB's on the block? 

Walter

They may be fairly new, but probably compared to the new ones, it is already considered to be obsolete... at least that is my theory.

Ithekro

Sort of like the sale of USS Mississippi and Idaho to Greece in 1914.  Those two ships were not all that old either (though respectfully they were built too small even for the United States Navy, and thus inferior in some respects to the already inferior predreadnought after South Carolina was finished).

Korpen

Considering that those ships are still among the most powerful ships in the world (in operation) i would advice the Baltic's quite strongly against selling them

But if they are selling them the Netherlands will be willing to submit a bid, but we hope the confederation will reconsider that sale.
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Walter

Looking a bit at the other ships as well, these ships are significantly slower. Korpen does have a point and I think that those ships could still operate well in areas where obstacles restrict speed.

miketr

The Cruisers are also newer ships, 1901 design.  I think they are poor designs, slow, under armed and over armored with little ammo but there very new ships.  The BB's are better designs but still have issues; Korpen and Walter are correct these are usefull ships and shouldn't be going to the breakers at this stage.  If nothing else they should / could be in reserve.

IC: Iberia is also interested in buying some of the BB's.

Iberian

Blooded

Hello,

I have no idea how to go about this but UNK is interested (and can offer agreements or techs as bonus)

The soonest I could pay $ would be H2-1909(as I am nearly done with 1H-1909) and a one year (or more)payment plan would work better.

As scrap I get a rough value of $11.6 +BP , My first Offer would be $30 for the lot.

While the combat values are not high, they would help offset the loss of 4 of my Glory Class BB's +4xCLs and 10xDD's in early 1908(sold for $27 Total).
"The black earth was sown with bones and watered with blood... for a harvest of sorrow on the land of Rus'. "
   -The Armament of Igor

miketr

*Mike looks at budget and sighs*

Fold too rich for Iberia's blood....

P3D

Why would the UNK need more old ships? It has adequate BP to build new ships on its own.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

miketr

The designs aren't great but its still 3 BB's fairly new BB's I am still trying to figure out why the Baltics are selling them.  In my mind the ships would be usefull to many nations because they are so new.

Michael

Tanthalas

Honestly till the UNK bid i was interested in the BBs,  they would have bene great for med use.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Ithekro

As with all bidding, it also depends on the seller.  There are nations the Baltic would probably not sell to for political reasons.  Selling to the UNK may not be wise as those ships would be quite closeby and could easily be used against the Baltic in the future.  (Rohan and CSA sales are similar to this, but most ships sold where of the oldest models in service and for generally fair trades.  Rohan purchasing lots of third class cruisers to fill a gap in the fleet in exchange for some old battleships and armored cruisers of limited value (good coastal defense units) or technology that evens things out between the two nations).

Tanthalas

I figured a refit to bring them into line with italian standards could have fixed most of the problems with them
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

ledeper

I would sell under the assumption that there was a max tonnage limit for my navalforces,but i have been told that only my economy sets the limit.

Thus i will only sell 2 BB and the ligth cruisers.
due to my alliance with the Dutch they will get the first bidding.