New Confederate Destroyer - 1st/1908

Started by Carthaginian, July 08, 2007, 09:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanthalas

oh im with you on speed man.  Speed kills, which is why im working on a 31 knot 750 toner.....
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Carthaginian

Quote from: Tanthalas on September 05, 2007, 09:08:04 AM
oh im with you on speed man.  Speed kills, which is why im working on a 31 knot 750 toner.....

Well, see the beginning of this thread... though you might wanna give her a higher freeboard to keep her from being wet. ;)
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

Korpen

Quote from: Tanthalas on September 05, 2007, 09:08:04 AM
oh im with you on speed man.  Speed kills, which is why im working on a 31 knot 750 toner.....
The question being; Who does the speed kill, the torpedoboot or its target? ;)

The tricky bit with TB designs is deciding what you want the ship to do.
If you want a ship to specialize on torpedo attacks, and only do that mission then it is not that hard to build 31+ kts ship.
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Tanthalas

So true lol... I just sell out for speed, actualy going to be a build theory for me speed above all else.  Well once i get better turbines anyway.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Desertfox

You sound Swiss. ;) Then again the Swiss are the N-Verse Italians! ;D You want turbines...?
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Tanthalas

Quote from: Desertfox on September 05, 2007, 04:22:53 PM
You sound Swiss. ;) Then again the Swiss are the N-Verse Italians! ;D You want turbines...?

LOL i have them i just cant use them till 1908 ><.  So im stuck with questionable designs for now ><.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Korpen

Hm, so now we got two speed freaks here...  ;)

I really have to convince more people of the superiority of more and bigger guns. 8)
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Ithekro

Rohan is the more and bigger guns type, as are the French and probably the Russians.  Rohan has started going for speed after having been forced into close quarters combat with the Anahuac Fleet during the war.  The 13 - 15 knot warships just can't decide the battle ranges if one wants to fight at range with big guns if your opponent can close at 18+ knots.

P3D

Orange requirements are dictated by the most probable enemy. That is, the DKB. As the DKB Admiralstab currently consists of speed freaks (23-25kts BBs, 28kts CLs, 25-27kts CAs), Kaapstad have to design ships with similar focus.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Desertfox

Well if you joined the war right now you wouldn't have to worry about the DKB later on. ;)

Carthaginian

Although most nations do not wish to see the war escalate further into a true global conflict... especially with it's dubious origins.

*a litle signs says*
NO SOLICITATION
POST NO BILLS
;)

P3D

Quote from: Desertfox on September 06, 2007, 09:20:57 AM
Well if you joined the war right now you wouldn't have to worry about the DKB later on. ;)
The Republic of Orange increased its territory by 300%, and just finished a war 2 years previously. There was no preparations made at all for an offensive war in 1908.
And NS-Orange relations also cooled down a bit.

The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Desertfox

Who says you have to be friends with NS to join? ;) What your not Evil enough to want to increase your territory by another 300%? ;D No one made any preparations for an offensive war and yet here we are.

QuoteAlthough most nations do not wish to see the war escalate further into a true global conflict... especially with it's dubious origins.
Hey we are due for WWI aren't we? Now that war had dubious origins.

Carthaginian

Quote from: Desertfox on September 06, 2007, 01:07:46 PM
QuoteAlthough most nations do not wish to see the war escalate further into a true global conflict... especially with it's dubious origins.
Hey we are due for WWI aren't we? Now that war had dubious origins.

LOL... they were NOT dubious.
The reasons for WWI were PERFECTLY clear:
1.) A little boy wanted big boats. His Uncle told the little boy not to build more big boats than he had. The little boy tried to anyway, and the Uncle got mad. When the little boy picked on one of the already angry Uncle's weak friends, the Uncle seized the excuse and sank the little boy's big boats.
2.) An egomaniac wanted to control Europe from single room in Berlin. He made bookoodles of back room deals in order to ensnare every possible leader he could. When his mastery of subtle manipulation was removed from the picture, those secret alliances fell apart and former allies went at each other's throats.
3.)Two old friends had always wanted the same job as president of their company. One was an excellent organizationalist but a bit uptight, the other was a strong performer even if he was a bit snobby. Eventually, they decided that they had to find out who was better qualified for the top slot, and it came to blows.

I know it's a bit simplistic... but I think it about sums things up. ;)

Borys

Ahoj!
There are 1000+ post threads on the "whodunnit" of WWI on several boards I know ...

And laying the blame on Germany is total excrementum bovinum. For various reasons everybody wanted a war.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!