Maps

Started by Desertfox, March 01, 2007, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithekro

Seems no one wants to stay with you on Australia, Foxy.

(if you want I could try to come up with something fitting the lands the modifications are derived from and play it myself against your Swiss....no relation with the Rohirrim, and probably someone they wouldn't help unless the Swiss did something really stupid towards the Rohirrim).

Borys

Ahoj!
Korpen, please capitalise "I".
Orkneys are yours, Shetlands and Faroes are Baltic's.
I am not quite sure why you need the Scottish Highlands for. In OTL when the Dutch wanted to avoid the English Channel fleet they simply sailed around Scotland to Bergen. Here they were smarter and at some point siezed the Orkneys as the first freidnyl port, where the Oost India convoys could take on fresh water, leave damaged ships behind to be picked up later, etc. At Bergen there was at least one occasion when the local authorities wanted to split the convy 50-50 with the English. And in the late XIXth century the almost forgotten possession suddenly took on a new meaning - coaling station in case of Channel blokade.
I was envisioning Scapa Flow as a XVIIth century acquisition on the Normans.
But your idea of this being the old Norwegian Viking Kingdom of the Hebrides which survived into the XVIIth centruy as very interesting.
Could you find some maps?
Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Earl822

looks good here!

Alikchi

I would really rather not have Abyssinia/Ethiopia be explicit Ottoman territory but I would accept it as a puppet state. But I'll take it if I have to.

Otherwise it all looks good here methinks. Do we have a player lined up for Kiev?

Edit - I just saw the Ottoman bit of Australia. Absolutnicht, no thank you, etc.

Alikchi

Borys

Ahoj!
OOC
The Deuthes Kaiserreich was quaint as it had a Calvinist being head of the Lutheran church. When the Cuius Regio, eius Religio principle was used, Brandenburg went Calvinist, East Prussia, Pomerania (at that time separate states), Saxony all went Lutheran. Silesia was patchy - Catholic and Lutheran. Thus after Brandenburg picked up those lands, it gave of the impression of being a Lutheran country, yet the core was Calvinist.

In the XVIIIth century a Polish-Hungarian adventurer-pirate Beniowski tried to set himself up as king of Madagascar, but was chased away by the French. Maybe his mulatto dynasty survived to this day, playing off all Powers, aka histrorical Siam.

Yes, Ithekro, I think the world physically is finished.

Borys

Bambi must DIE!

Korpen

Quote from: Borys on March 14, 2007, 01:15:24 AM
Ahoj!
Korpen, please capitalise "I".
But your idea of this being the old Norwegian Viking Kingdom of the Hebrides which survived into the XVIIth centruy as very interesting.
Could you find some maps?
Borys
Map of the kingdom of the isles.

Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Borys

Ahoj!
Pretty!
Me loves maps!
Borys
Bambi must DIE!

P3D

Any reason to have the Saharan Sea?
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Borys

Ahoj!
I don't see any.
Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Ithekro

More coastal area?

P3D

No reason for more coastal area there, IMO.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Ithekro

P3D

Well, no new countries there, it is just a backwater right now. Italy should keep Tunisia and Tripoli, Cyreneica goes to Egypt (Bengazi, Tobruk), the desert goes to France.
And I'd but a big white blob where the Sahara is.

Ithekro

P3D