Maps

Started by Desertfox, March 01, 2007, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borys

Ahoj!
Thank you.

South south America is acceptable. Argentian claims all that. Claims ...
Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Ithekro

Claims...correct.  Much like Chile calmed all that area as well in real life even though Argentina also claimed it and owns it now.

Desertfox

QuoteOf course!
The Virgin Islands transaction in Dec 1904 did not go through, so it is for Khymerion to sell or not.
Well Maddox should know. He never told me the deal did not go through, so I assumed it did. It would make things very interesting in the Atlantic.

As for the Falklands...time to blackmail or sweet talk some South Americans!
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Desertfox

Took a look at Navalism 2.0, Van Owen has some really nice maps we could modify for our own use.

maddox

Q4 1904 didn't change a lot except the Gran Colombian annexation of the island Commonwealth.

But the plans by New Swiss to annex the South Philipines and aquire the Virgin Islands were solid and had a very good chance to work.

P3D

And the Annexation of the ACM
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

maddox

That one was a propaganda stunt.....  And a succesfull gambit.

Ithekro

About the only thing that might have blocked it at the time was either the Baltic League themselves or the Rohirrim out on patrol finding Swiss were there shouldn't be Swiss. (February 1905)

Borys

Ahoj!
Maddox - you make the final call on the Virgin Islands, you were in charge then. WHAT were the New Swiss oferring for the Islands?

As to the Philippines - Desertfox started posting about the 15th November revolt there AFTER I finished posting on my Despoiling of the Azores - which began December 15th.

So, either
- the Azores never happened, as I would had put them off to 1905, in light of the the NS move for the PESN Philippines.
or
- the PESN Philippines mess began around December 20th. And this would had marked the begining of a war pitting the Habsburgs, DKB, from zero to two Spains on side, versus the New Swiss on the other. With benevolent neutrality of the Middle Kingdom. How were the New Swiss achieve anything in such a scenario I don't know.

Borys

Bambi must DIE!

Desertfox

1 LBP in Gold (spoils from Jamaica) and Advanced BB Technology (also spoils) for a few very small islands.

As for the Phillipines I didn't post it as I was too busy with other things, primarly Jamaica and Virgins etc. However Operation Enduring Justice was announced (OOC) BEFORE Azores happened. As for the DKB fighting, I dont think they would as there exists a non aggresion pact between the two nations and NS continuing a war with PESN would not be a casus beli.

swamphen

The 'non-agression pact' was only a joint declaration not to increase forces in Australia. Here the DKB never had any Australia = no pact...

Note that the DKB's "colonial alliance" with Vienna would have taken precedence, as well. Austria decides to take offense = Hohenzollerns back them all the way.

Meanwhile - Socotra - I had actually dropped that as a casualty of the von Bülow Affair. However here the slippery character is still Foreign Minister - however there is no reason for the DKB to desire Socotra here, the Central Indian Ocean Island (Neue Helgoland? :D ) would serve the Fatherland-Ost Afrika route, and Goa as well - no Kuwait means no need for Socotra. The Bory-d one might want it though...  ;)

Speaking of the Central Indian Ocean Islands - who has what there? The only colours I can really distinguish are the Brandenburger Yellow island and the Orange Orange crop circle - the other two I'm not sure of.

Desertfox

There was a previous pact the one that dealt with Farinj, and since NS made sure NOT to threatened Aragonese and Austrian Phillipines...

Borys

Ahoj!
Thank you.
I'm attached to Aden :)

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

khymerion

While maintaining control of the Virgin Islands would be nice... any concerted or overt push to claim them would have not been resisted due to the chaos of reconstruction...  Nothing that 4 older small cruisers could have stopped while central was busy elsewhere.
Hopelessly trapped behind mountains of outdated miniature games.

Borys

Ahoj!
Shhh  - don't flog a fallen equine ....

Borys
Bambi must DIE!