Maps

Started by Desertfox, March 01, 2007, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borys

Ahoj!
Thank you for the explanation.
I don't remember the UKA ever taking Bermuda, or maybe I missed it in the news.
If I was CSA I'd raise hell over UKA taking the Bahamas - I'd forward "proposals" to the UKA about them.
IF the UKA did actually take Bermuda from the BL, it keeps it, giving Bahamas as compensation?

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Ithekro

The, taking of the Bahamas was more a takeover after the Austrian attack forced the Criminal Mars to flee.  It was assumed that the treaty/annexation was with both the Azores and Bahamas, as that was all that was left of the old ACM.

Bermuda I think was my doing because we didn't have a Baltic power on the list when the maps were being done and Bermuda was historically a British possession (lt seemed to fit the mercantile trade pattern at least)  it can go back to the Baltics if they want it.

Borys

Ahoj!
OK, I'm not the CSA player. But if my not very friendly neighbor to the north suddenly blocked my Atlantic access, I'd do something about it. It is a shift in the power balance, in the strategic situation. It was normal to go to war over such things. I'm not saying that war is a given, there are other solutions, but I'd expect CSA to do something.
Carthaginian, I call upon You - come forth and yell "Gerrof mah porch!"

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Ithekro

Swamphen....since the CSA was last on your watch, what would Teddy do in 1904-05 when this event happened?  (I'm curious before we hand over the helm to a new player)

The Rock Doctor

The GC border's a little off, but people can get the idea.  I've posted a more detailed map in the Gran Colombia Encyclopedia

khymerion

If Bermuda was annexed prior to my arrival, I won't fight it...  I would like it but it would be one less small extra-territorial location that my nascent blue water presence will have to worry about just yet.  Then again, going to have to figure what i am going to do with India... and am I missing any more territory outside my borders?
Hopelessly trapped behind mountains of outdated miniature games.

Alikchi

- eliminate the Caspian Stait. Instead, add the Brown thing on my map, the never-was Khazaria, to Persia. This creates a vaiable PC country, of power comparable with the Ottomans, AND with no funny things being done to geography. And Alikchi can build yet another line of fortifications, this time aganst the Red Headed Heretical Persian Dogs.

Alikchi loves fortifications! And I might have to use that epithet sir.  ;D

That would allow me to work up the Sunni-Shiite angle as well.

Alikchi

Just a general thought.. I know that things are probably complex enough as-is, but might it be a bit more interesting if the Caliphate of Cairo wasn't quite so huge? We could have a "New Carthage" based out of Libya and Algeria, and perhaps an independent (or Italian) Ethiopia...

Borys

Ahoj!
I think I picked up the insult in a National Geographic article :)

Ethiopia seems to had been torn apart by the Rift Valley

Brys
Bambi must DIE!

Desertfox

I too would like to see a powerful Ethiopia and Cairo broken up. Id also like to see the Caspian Sea conected to the Black. It makes for another potential player country.

On the East Indies, the Dutch should have them. However I would like to have the Moluccas (Halmahera and the islands between Celebes and New Guinea) as a sea route between Australia and NS. 
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Desertfox

Pacific Map, with NS modified a bit.

maddox

France is shrinking awfully, and the coloring of the Caliphate of Caïro is off.

Desertfox

We could give France all of Indochina, and the expanded Maldives, or we can split the Maldives and give part to Spain, which can explain how they and the Austrians managed to send their entire fleet over, and makes for interesting secnarios in the Indian Ocean.

Ithekro

I have been mostly just been modifying as various people suggest.  I don't know if all the modifications are requested.  I won't be able to play with the map again until at least Sunday night.

Borys

Ahoj!
Most areas north or south of 70 degrees lattitude (maybe 75) should be left as unclaimed/overclaimed/disputed.

E.g. Spitzbergen/Svalbard - claimed by Russia, Baltic League, Netherlands, Normans, Austria .

Borys
Bambi must DIE!