Maps

Started by Desertfox, March 01, 2007, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desertfox

The NS/MK conflict was a direct result of me having Japan, Korea, Hainan, and Shangai. Here Ill only have Taiwan and maybe, just maybe Hong Kong. Not enought to start a war, plus I would like to ressurect a few of the ships I lost. Considering that the historical Sino-Japanese War happened in 1898, it wouldnt be too much of a stretch to exchange a modified version of it for the NS-MK war.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Earl822

You want Constitution and Alliance back I take it ;D, good, I like a bit of target practice, especially with exploding targets.

Desertfox

You are on the other side of the world...

Exploding targets? Only NS ship to blow up was an ex-Swampy ship! ;-D

Yup Consti, Alliance (both in slightly modified version) and 3 of the Olympias. I will still have lost a few ships, as the Spanish/Austrian-Swiss war will be larger.

swamphen

Borys - I'd removed the Brazil thing from the DKB when you bowed out. Now that You Have Returned (yay!!) it can be added back in. :)

NS being a Great Trading Nation would probably still have colonies in HK and perhaps Shanghai. And they would have purchased Macau in the ACM breakup - which was the precipitator for the war...

P3D

Redrawing Indian borders and making place for another possible player nation - Viyanagar or whatever. French Colony is moved to Calcutta.

The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Desertfox

Valid points especially the Macau one, but the UK never had Shangai and with Japan a factor NS would not have had Shangai as that would have fallen in the Japanese are of influence (as in OTL). And while Macau was a factor, by the time the negotiations had ended NS had dropped all claims on Macau. The primary causes of war was China asking too much and also asking for historical NS territories such as Korea, Taiwan, and Hainan. I was prepared to pay as much for HK/Shan, as the DKB is paying for its Trade Port. Also with a powerful Japan in the area both China and NS would be less inclined to fight each other.

BattleofthePyramids

As current king of New Zion, I think the map is pretty good as is.  I think it's time to finalize the map, and this will be our play world. 

On a historical tangent, what did happen in the New Swiss-MK war after Austria and (I guess Spain) intervened?  How did the Austrian fleet perform (I'd appreciate the feedback since after I left I had no idea what happened, and I could use the data before I design my New Zion fleet).

Ithekro

I've done some alterations to fit segments (China) and added a nearly complete countries list...names might be off a little.  (I removed the Eastern African UKA coloiny, since it was unwanted)

I also thought up a name for the second half of ME-Australia: "Maoria"....its been used for the sim, both as a "ruby team" and as special troops for the Hapsburg...perfect for Swiss enemies.

I've re-added California and the "Eastern Kingdom" (so named until one of us comes up with a new name) as tiny places, self governing, but dependents for the most part of either Rohan or the Swiss (maybe Japan).  California is basically the city of Umbar (San Francisco up to this point) and a jut of land sticking into the ocean.  The Japanese settlement is a coastal fishing area near Anchorage, thus in a position to dispute the Swiss and Rohan over things like fishing rights.

I need clarification of Spain and the Austian and others positions as I'm not sure I follow the places in question. (more like, "huh?  Where?")

P3D

I am still against leaving China as a whole. My preferance would be to cut it into three piece - South (Guangzhou), Central (Nanjing), and Manchu (Xinjing or Beijing).
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Desertfox

I got this crazy idea of turning California into an island. But Ill leave that up to you.

Looks good except flip around the Swiss and Spanish sections of the Phillpines.

Ithekro

China:  That may be, but China is a player nation and has been for some time with stories ranging from north to south under one (at a time anyway) ruler.  I'm not sure we can logically split it up now.  Its far west maybe, but I get the feeling we won't be able to get the country broken up under the rule of the Tiger Lady.  The nation is stronger than histoical, the outsiders did not get enough of a hold on the population to break or weaken the Empire enough to cause much of a civil war...plus it seem they are not Manchus (I don't understand that one exactly...or maybe there are but the policies are differently centered?)

The Philippines I'll switch once I get more information of Spain and whatever Bory is taking about for Austria.

California (Umbar actually should remain as it is due to the geography (of ME)...though it is due for an earthquake this year I suppose.  If one can look carefully at the overlay of ME on North America, you'll find that the San Francisco Bay Area is in the Ocean...all of what would be central California is water.  However in this area we are using the ME map for all places until roughly the Rocky Mountains so it really won'y matter much until south of Rohan (where the "real world" returns and Santa Barbara is pretty much on the border of ME-NA).

P3D

I just have aversions of monstre countries. Be it China or Russia. The old rules were awfully unsuitable in dealing with them.

P3D

Also, I don't know if Poland thus belongs to the Habsburgs or rather Kiev?

Ithekro

I do not know on that count.

Thiis is a link to what would be an old map of Middle Earth

http://www.taivaansusi.net/roolipelit/lindefirion/north-western%20middle-earth.jpg

Leaving it as a link because it is not mine, but can be used for referance material.

Siida, in the north of Forochel Bay would probably be Anchorage, or close to it.  The narrows end before one would get to Tol Fuin from Anchorage.

The Middle Earth Map would give way to a real world map in the south near "Mardruak" and "North Bellakar", and in the East at about the edge of the map would be the Rockies.

The Haven of the People in this map would be "Nurn" and "Chelkar" with the border probably being the River to "Gobel Ancalimon" then south past Umbar.

Borys

Ahoj!
1 - Congress Kingdom Poland is Kievite - adding 12 million Poles and 1 million Jews would blow the Habsburg Monarchy apart :)

2 - Good that DKB is back to South America. Each one has nine Belgiums or three Hungary's there, but with much less population - the DKB inherited 800K, and the Habsburgs 400K.

3 - Philippines - all Austria has there is the Island of Catanduanes, the rest should be Spanish and/or Aragonese. I keep repeating, but maybe I'm too subtle - Austria, Aragon and probably the DKB would not stand the NS taking over the southern part, there would be war.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!