Maps

Started by Desertfox, March 01, 2007, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithekro

My most recent map.

BattleofthePyramids

Borys has been in touch with me, and wants to take over the Hapsburgs.  I would assume the role of King of New Zion.  If anyone objects to this arrangement, speak now  ;D

Borys

Ahoj!
I appologize for my airs and bout of male menopause. I'm back.
With the Crusading Habsburgers.
This season torches and pitchforks are IN! All the cool kids have them! Ifd you don't have them, you're not cool. You're a witch!
BURN!

Now, map thingy.

Habsburgs are pretty much as they were.

1 - There might be a small change in Europe.
2 - Herzogtum von Malta
3 - Alhucema, leased indifinitely free of charge from Aragon-Navarra
4 - Catanduanes, leased for 99 years (97 to go) and free of charge from Aragon-Navarra
5 - Parana, plus the litoral and mountinous parts of Santa Catarina
6 - Aden and Totenkopfgebiet, aka Land of Skulls - the plain between Aden and the Hills

small holdings, hazy ownership/claim/hold
7 - Austria claims Spitzbergen, and the Austrian flag flies over Longyeardalen since September or October 1904 - not that any outsiders will see it before April 1905, when the sea ice retreats
8 - Sao Luis de Maranhao - fate to be decided with France

Notes/questions:
3 - on modern maps Al Hoceima
5 - what happened to DKB in Rio Grande do Sul?

NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Desertfox

Ithekros version is a bit more accurate. This one shows the full Pacific and has a really small Japanese colony in Alaska.

With Borys having Austria, NS would have the Southern Half of the Phillipines. Borys, any problems reducing the Spanish revolution to a minor coup? I prefer a strong Spain as a potential player nation.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Alikchi

Quote from: Borys on March 07, 2007, 06:15:51 AM

7 - Austria claims Spitzbergen, and the Austrian flag flies over Longyeardalen since September or October 1904 - not that any outsiders will see it before April 1905, when the sea ice retreats[

I would like to dispute this, if only so that I could continue a plotline I barely started earlier (discussed with maddox). Could we leave it under Baltic control? Or perhaps as a sort of neutral territory. Or even, you get Spitzbergen, I get Nordaustlandet. All I require is space for a small coal operation and minor base.

Borys

Ahoj!
1 - Spain - it is possible for Spain, retaining the previous plotline, to come back in 1906 stronger than 1903.  I also would like Spain to be a strong PC, especially as there is a bloke at the old board asking about Spain

2 - I know Alikchi that you have designs on these islands. Our plotting has run in parallel, as you can check. I suppose there are at least 4 more claims than ours - Russia, BL, Netherlands and the "E" country. It is likely that it will turn out to be EXACLTY like in OTL - I will have my coal mine, you will have yours, neither of us would want to go to war over that piece of land UNLESS the other guys stops the coal coming. My military presence is exactly one Lieutenant, 1 Feldwebel, 4 Zugfuerher, 8 Oberjaeger and 32 Kaiserjaeger. Oh, and a 65mm saluting gun.

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Alikchi

Quote from: Borys on March 07, 2007, 07:35:58 AM
Ahoj!

2 - I know Alikchi that you have designs on these islands. Our plotting has run in parallel, as you can check. I suppose there are at least 4 more claims than ours - Russia, BL, Netherlands and the "E" country. It is likely that it will turn out to be EXACLTY like in OTL - I will have my coal mine, you will have yours, neither of us would want to go to war over that piece of land UNLESS the other guys stops the coal coming. My military presence is exactly one Lieutenant, 1 Feldwebel, 4 Zugsfuehrer, 8 Oberjaeger and 32 Kaiserjaeger. Oh, and a 65mm saluting gun.

Borys

I would be pleased with that outcome. My military presence would turn out to be something like a company of Ottoman troops to protect the mine and a small research outpost (~30 personnel).

Borys

Ahoj!
A hot shooting war in the frozen wastes is up to us. There might even be an Unholy Alliance between the Caliph and His Apostolic Majesty to keep others out of Spitzbergen :)
I love RPG :D
Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Walter

QuoteThis one shows the full Pacific and has a really small Japanese colony in Alaska.
*Squints eyes and looks on the wrong side of the map*
Damn! That colony is really small!  :)
Now, how am I going to cut up that territory in four nice N-E-S-W pieces...

Ithekro

Actually I though it would be on the inner part of the sea to make for more of a reason to claim Anchorage, rather then having then and the Swiss dueling for control of the narrows.

Phoenix

I do not wish to chop up the Middle Kingdom. You call it bloated, but I don't have any colonies at all. And quite a large chunk of it is desert.
"Those who dance are often thought mad by those who cannot hear the music."
-- Tao Te Ching

Borys

Ahoj!
Don't mess around with the Manchus or they will unleash the Crouching Gollum, Hidden Balrog on you!

And that's no Japanese colony - hm, the Japanese are replacing Big Island New Swiss? - that is a bloated pixel!

Borys
Bambi must DIE!

Desertfox

Ithekro feel free to move the Japanese colony.

Borys, Yup NS has moved house, there is no NS-MK war here, the war can be replaced with a Japan-MK one.

I dont see a need to chop up China, as China will be having 3 powerful neighbors to deal with (Japan, India, New Israel)
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

maddox

Up to me, The NS/ MK has happened.   I don't think we can ignore such a large conflict. 

Or else we need to rewrite it all with Walters and Phoenix's help and input

Earl822

Erm, is there just a colour blip, or does the Baltic League now control Egypt?