Ottoman BB 'Osmanieh'

Started by Alikchi, April 03, 2007, 08:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borys

Ahoj!
The location of the stacks makes me think of a T-B-B-T arrangement of the power plant, or at least B-B-T-T.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Alikchi

It's probably the former - the lengthening gives me a little more space. Nassau had her second funnel on the forward infrastructure

Alikchi

Here's a good place to put this - just finished drawing the Torgud Reis class.

It's difficult to show, but the single 11" side turrets are supposed to be capable of angling forwards just enough that they can almost fire directly forward. They can't quite make a 90 degree turn without bumping into superstructure, but they can make it roughly 75. They're sponsoned out slightly for this.

Borys

Ahoj!
If sponsoned I see no problems with on-end fire ... you'll just need to replace bull's eyes and doors after a battle ...

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

P3D

Quote from: Borys on April 11, 2007, 01:52:32 AM
... you'll just need to replace bull's eyes and doors after a battle ...
Or the whole fore bridge superstructure...
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Alikchi

Quote from: P³D on April 11, 2007, 02:03:08 AM
Quote from: Borys on April 11, 2007, 01:52:32 AM
... you'll just need to replace bull's eyes and doors after a battle ...
Or the whole fore bridge superstructure...

The point is, it can be replaced.. better that stuff get blown up by us than them anyways  ;)

P3D

And it's a good way to get the captains use the CT instead of the bridge.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

maddox

After the first salvo dead ahead, anyone on the bridge will beg for a place in the conning tower.