Main Menu

Parthian Empire HY2/1910

Started by Kaiser Kirk, August 19, 2018, 04:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser Kirk

I'm oddly happy to be rolling again, we need momentum :)

Capsule report:
Mekkan region IC finished.
ICs started for Kingdom of Kandy, Sultanate of Zanzibar, and Cape Karoo (still working on name) colonies.
The Anbar class ACRs finished last HY and are now working up, they and the two minesweepers appear in the Order of Battle for the maintenance calc.
I will worry about setting aside BP/IC in 1911, right now I'm finishing vessels.

The 4 "Tiamat" class SDNs move forward and should complete HY1 1912.
The two electric drive Fleet supply vessels continue construction.  I've got alot of FSV, but I want to keep a constant flow of them in the production lines.
The two DDLs to lead the Kandy and Zanzibar DD squadrons complete.
8 destroyers are finished.
A further two MSWwith electric drive are churned out - both saving on gearing, giving practice with electric drive, and allowing fine control in speeds for the MSWs.
8 MTB-As are launched.  Like the FSV, I'll just keep the yards working on a couple a  year.

The repairs/refits are for the ACRs and BBs, upgrading them to 1910 Fire Control. That counts as dockside, and is quick, and will generally be done in the last quarter.
In HY1, the two 1900 ACRs returned and were outfitted with it, and are undergoing firing trials. any lessons of which can then be incorporated in the other mountings.
I'll worry about other units in 1911/1912.

Tech wise, Parthia keeps working on 6 techs and a new 90mm AA gun.  As I intend to do with all future guns - and you'll see I've done in the past Parthian Artillery, I'm paying for an extra mount design, with the idea the Parthians keep 2 primary producers - probably the Royal Army Foundry and a Royal Navy Foundry-or possibly a private firm like Armstrong was-  and challenge them to make the better design.

Oops : Forgot the attachment.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest