Main Menu

1904H2

Started by snip, March 20, 2016, 08:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logi

Quote from: Tanthalas on May 31, 2016, 08:44:54 AM
Refit/Modification I understand, what I want to do is "preorder" the guns and armour for my next class of BB.  I have the tech and have already developed the 11/45 twin, but I do not yet have the tech for layout (all centerline limited arcs, wont have it until H2).  I am wondering if I could spend BP for like the guns in advance of laying down the ships, and sort of pull what the brits did OTL and slap "existing guns and turrets" on a new construction warship.

*edit*

If it isn't legal, I have to make minor changes to H1 tonight then I can post it, if it is legal then I can just post it. either way I will proly get 04/1 up tonight.

This matter was discussed in N3 as well and the ruling at the time was that this sort of in-advance construction was not allowed. That ruling still stands.

Tanthalas

I have posted H104, I am trying to decide what I intend to laydown for H2 however... I am having a serious internal argument.  I know I intend to laydown 2 BBs and 3 CLs, the CLs are decided... but the BBs I am trying to decide if I want to build the 23 knot 17K ton or the 21 knot 15.5K ton version (or even possibly the 20 knot 12k version).  I like them all honestly, but I can only afford to build one of them.  As soon as I manage to make up my mind I will post H2.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Walter

Scrap the cruisers and build one of each. ;D

The Rock Doctor

Quote from: Logi on June 10, 2016, 09:26:41 PM
Refit/Modification I understand, what I want to do is "preorder" the guns and armour for my next class of BB.  I have the tech and have already developed the 11/45 twin, but I do not yet have the tech for layout (all centerline limited arcs, wont have it until H2).  I am wondering if I could spend BP for like the guns in advance of laying down the ships, and sort of pull what the brits did OTL and slap "existing guns and turrets" on a new construction warship.

*edit*

If it isn't legal, I have to make minor changes to H1 tonight then I can post it, if it is legal then I can just post it. either way I will proly get 04/1 up tonight.

This matter was discussed in N3 as well and the ruling at the time was that this sort of in-advance construction was not allowed. That ruling still stands.

Oh.  Well.  I did what Tan is proposing in my H1/04 report.  I...guess I have revising to do.

Tanthalas

Don't tempt me walter... I have considered building 2 of the 12K version and one of the 17K version... but I need new light cruisers for trade protection and scouting...

Quote from: Walter on June 15, 2016, 04:29:39 PM
Scrap the cruisers and build one of each. ;D

Rock I had done the same thing but I was waiting on the ruling to post it, since it was a no go I just went with the V2 report.

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on June 15, 2016, 06:09:02 PM
Quote from: Logi on June 10, 2016, 09:26:41 PM

*edit*

Oh.  Well.  I did what Tan is proposing in my H1/04 report.  I...guess I have revising to do.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Jefgte

Quote...I want to build the 23 knot 17K ton or the 21 knot 15.5K ton version (or even possibly the 20 knot 12k version).  I like them all honestly, but I can only afford to build one of them.  As soon as I manage to make up my mind I will post H2...

20 knot 12k => too slow
23 knot 17K => 23kts are too expensive
21 knot 15.5K ton => BB choice

;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Walter

To me, 1 knot difference is nothing so if 20 knots is too slow, then 21 knots isn't much faster... and considering that it is 3,500 tons heavier than the 20 knot vessel for just a single knot while the 23 knot vessel is 5,000 tons heavier I would say either the 12,000 ton one or the 17,000 ton one or a mix of the two.

The Rock Doctor

I'll fix my report next week, when I'm home and have full access to my own computer.  Chances are my edits will either be:

-I take the cash and BP spent on pre-orders in H1 and just carry it over to H2

or

-I build something different (probably cruisers that I had planned for a bit later).

Tanthalas

Honestly I tend to agree with Walter.  My existing ships are only capable of 20 knots, and for the time being (and quite awhile into the future) they will continue to serve as front line units limiting battle line speed to the previously stated 20 knots.  Building them as pure turbine ships also gives me future refit options that mixed propulsion ships wouldn't really have (or at least wouldn't easily have).  I think will proly go with 2 X 12.5K and 1 X 16.5K.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Walter

Quote2 X 12.5K
... so between your June 16 post and this post, it grew another 500 tons. :)

The Rock Doctor

Quote from: Walter on June 17, 2016, 05:12:05 PM
Quote2 X 12.5K

Fluid retention?

Walter

Sir, are you implying that the vessel is sinking? :D

Tanthalas

Increase in armour actually... I decided such things as the 2" deck were sub optimal, so I rectified them.  Although if you were paying attention you may have noticed that the BC lost 500 tons.  at 16.5K it is damn well worth building over the 21 knot 15.5K ship

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on June 17, 2016, 05:21:16 PM
Quote from: Walter on June 17, 2016, 05:12:05 PM
Quote2 X 12.5K

Fluid retention?
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

miketr

Quote from: Logi on May 28, 2016, 01:22:22 AM
Alright then, let's get moving again then. I'll like for everyone to get their 1904/H2 report out by June 11, exactly 2 weeks from now.

I'll post the Russian catch-up reports by next Saturday if Alikchi still hasn't posted.

BUMP

OK so where are we at?

Tanthalas

I got H1 up, and am more or less ready to post H2...
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650