Main Menu

1904H2

Started by snip, March 20, 2016, 08:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logi

I've been poking in here occasionally to see when the US-UK is considered all resolved. As far as I can tell, we're still in the waiting stage.

Regarding Russia, if Alikchi doesn't post his reports by the end of this month (May), I'll (as a mod) work out the sim reports for Russia and post them. I agree that the vast sim-report gap for Russia currently is quite unacceptable. As for your rolls Walter, send them to me again and I'll get that done for you.

I'll try to get all the mod matters sorted out by the end of the month so if anyone else is still waiting on input from a mod, please send me a pm again about it. Sorry for the trouble folks.

snip

Quote from: Logi on May 24, 2016, 04:24:14 PM
I've been poking in here occasionally to see when the US-UK is considered all resolved. As far as I can tell, we're still in the waiting stage.

The outline that should provide enough information to proceed has been posted for a little while. Nobody has PMed me for clarification on anything there, so I presume its sufficient.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

miketr

Quote from: Walter on May 23, 2016, 06:28:34 PM
I'm sorry, but either we do something about it to get it moving or we declare this all dead.

https://youtu.be/MH7KYmGnj40

He's dead jim you grab his wallet I'll grab his phaser.

Michael

Walter

QuoteAs for your rolls Walter, send them to me again and I'll get that done for you.
The thing is that I have no problem with waiting until others have caught up but I do think it is a bit of an issue when it is obvious that no effort is being made to at least try and get it moving. I am getting real close to the point where I say "*bleep* I'll go and focus 100% on Wesworld stuff and pm me there once things get moving again here."
QuoteHe's dead jim you grab his wallet I'll grab his phaser.
I would have to watch the series again to be sure, but I think that Scotty was one of those dead in that video (when he was killed by NOMAD, proving that even he could not escape from the dreaded fate of the Red Shirts) and we all know he got better. Just a flesh wound. :)

olekit24

We have to move to the next half, do we? I'm ready.

Kaiser Kirk

I've finished my 1904 news.
I've had my HY2 1904 report ready for some time, waiting on a reply from Darman. So I post as needed.

I decided some time ago to get Italy caught up, and get my part of all this done, and take the risk that the game won't recover from the rule change paralysis of last summer.
I'm fine with not waiting for the US/UK to work out details.

In my opinion,
if you want a scripted war, the players should work out the salient features of the storyline, so a timeline can be posted as the games goes.

May 1904 - Ottoman landings in Crimea, defeat of Russians at Odessa.
June 1904 - Russian black sea fleet defeats Ottoman 'flying squadron', attacks supply ships and bombards Ottoman camp.

We, the other players, can at least form an opinion of how the war's going, and which side we want to pile in on. You, as the story writers, can decide which events you have the time/interest to bring to life.

Now, for 2 player non-scripted events,
There's got to be some sort of imposed timeline sequence between the 2 players and 1 mod, with 'default' orders written up by the players at the start. Player doesn't respond, Mod looks at 'default orders' and games accordingly.  Something like Orders in- 2days-, Status update-2 days- Revision/Clarification of Orders -3 days MOD rules on results of Month. If we could keep the sequence at 1 real week = 1 war month... that's only 6 weeks a HY...the game can take that rate. Heck, we aspire to that sometimes.

IF Mods aren't available timewise ... then the playerbase should be asked to have one of us step up as the mod for that war.

Granted, you'll get a variety of results that way. If I'm the mod, suddenly logistics and supply issues become more relevant. Sorry, free labor. Other will have other particularities. We'll all just agree that hey, that's what we'll accept.

Anyhow, I've put work in, there's a ton of things that bug me, but I'd like to stumble forward.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Logi

Alright then, let's get moving again then. I'll like for everyone to get their 1904/H2 report out by June 11, exactly 2 weeks from now.

I'll post the Russian catch-up reports by next Saturday if Alikchi still hasn't posted.

Tanthalas

I am fixing my effed up report... numbers don't change (thank god), but information like my slips drydocks, ports, etc. will be in it now.  I will try to post H104 this weekend.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Tanthalas

I have H1 "finished" (H2 will be more or less automatic once I finalize H1) but I have a question about Construction before I post it.  Is it legal to build something I have the tech for (11/45 twins for example) that I intend to use for a project I do not yet have the tech for (all centerline battleships, which I wont have until H2).
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Walter

It is limited to a few things...

http://www.navalism.org/index.php/topic,6443.0.html

QuoteIn most cases, the technology used in a ship must be completed prior to the half-year in which the ship itself is laid down.

There are a few exceptions, in which a ship's design can be modified without penalty, so long as:

1)  The technology is completed prior to the half-year in which the ship is launched
2)  If the modification adds weight to the design, there is either a "construction reserve" of miscellaneous weight that can be reduced to compensate or simple external fittings (deck mounted weapons) that can be omitted.

These exceptions are technologies that have limited physical impact on the ship, or affect components installed late in the construction of the ship:

Torpedo (above-deck installations only)
Mine Warfare (type of paravanes installed only)
ASW Warfare (type and number of depth charges only)
Night-Fighting
Range-Finding, Fire Control and Gunnery
Radar
Anti-Aircraft Guns

Tanthalas

Refit/Modification I understand, what I want to do is "preorder" the guns and armour for my next class of BB.  I have the tech and have already developed the 11/45 twin, but I do not yet have the tech for layout (all centerline limited arcs, wont have it until H2).  I am wondering if I could spend BP for like the guns in advance of laying down the ships, and sort of pull what the brits did OTL and slap "existing guns and turrets" on a new construction warship.

*edit*

If it isn't legal, I have to make minor changes to H1 tonight then I can post it, if it is legal then I can just post it. either way I will proly get 04/1 up tonight.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

The Rock Doctor

just an FYI that I've been dealing with busy work and a long-distance ailing mother, so my headspace hasn't been here.  I'll get back into it when things settle.

miketr

There has been essentially no activity since the 29th so no need to worry IMO Rocky.

Michael

The Rock Doctor

I know - just want to clarify that my own lack of activity is not because of the sim itself.

Darman

I've posted 1903/2.  I'll have the next report posted after my next day off sometime next week.  Right now I've only got one day off a week