Main Menu

1904H2

Started by snip, March 20, 2016, 08:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olekit24

So, maybe itwill be good idea to set the timing for reports? For example, new report should be posted every 20 day of month?
Because I have not found any actual info about the game speed in forum... So, I am guided by the moderators messages which are announce the date of publication of the next report, but these periods vary greatly in time....

Walter

QuoteThis is timely, as I should have the next Russia report up within 24hrs, and I'm hoping to punch them out quickly after that.
Well, I expected the first one to be up within 24 hrs some 3 months or so ago. :)

BTW, I sent you a pm two months ago which you never answered. I will take your silence as a "yes" so when can I expect the transfer of Turkestan to China to take place? :D
QuoteWait I haven't posted 1904/1 yet?
Quotewill Rectify this situation todayish
No, you haven't. Yes, you should. :)
QuoteSo, maybe itwill be good idea to set the timing for reports? For example, new report should be posted every 20 day of month?

Because I have not found any actual info about the game speed in forum...
I vaguely remember something mentioned about one report every two weeks, although I could be mistaken and it is actually something mentioned during one of the previous restart attempts.

snip

I have the US reports for 1904 about 90% done. Just need to find the time to finish them and then get them posted. Might be a little bit as I have a minor surgery later this week. Cleanup of a root canal I had on a broken tooth.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Walter

QuoteI have the US reports for 1904 about 90% done.
So does that translate to 100% and 80% or 90% for both? :)

One thing I am curious about which I ran across a bit earlier today. Will we see Panama payments in your 1904 reports or are other nations expected to make bids as well for building the Panama canal? *offers Panama's government $20 million plus $500,000 more each year* ;D
QuoteMight be a little bit as I have a minor surgery later this week. Cleanup of a root canal I had on a broken tooth.
It may be minor but best of luck with that.

Kaiser Kirk

As I recall the original intent was to move things along every couple of weeks.
However, that was obviously unduly optimistic. Which I rather suspected.
I think 1 HY per month is a little optimistic but probably much more doable as a 'goal'.

I have a version of Italy's H2 1904 worked out, but I'm still waiting for a response from Darman regarding my response to his response....

I still have several more 1904 news items to write and post, but I was busy much of last weekend.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Tanthalas

well I have H1 mostly finished... H2 is a bit problematical since I cant figure out what to lay down... I know what I want to build, however I am having serious internal arguments over if I should actually build it or not.

Basically my options boil down to this, and I cant decide which way to go.
A: 2 BCs, 4 CLs, shitload of DDs
B: 1 BC, 2 BBs, 2 CLs, a few DDs
C: 3 BBs, 4 CLs, a few DDs

Currently I am tending toward option B however option C would actually be my best bang per buck, but I REALLY want to build a BC (and continue to build them in the future).
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

The Rock Doctor

I think battlecruisers are pretty iffy with the 1902 engine tech's limits.  Better to put it off until you can use engine year 1909 and the higher HP limits.

Walter

Better to focus on that "shitload of DDs" and a few cruisers and think about the other vessels for 1905. Maybe you will have some helpful tech rolls...

Walter

Quote from: Walter on May 07, 2016, 10:52:27 AM
With all respects but "Next week or two" is close to turning into 7 weeks now and there are still a number of nations (including the nation of he who said 'myself included') that have not posted their H1/1904 reports yet.
... and more than 2 weeks have passed since I posted this and I have not seen much action from those nations that still need to post their H1/1904 report...

... maybe we should just go and assume that they have forfeited the output and revenue of the unposted HYs and the next report that should be posted by those nations is the H2/1904 report...

miketr

I have viewed the game as dead myself for some time or a zombie perhaps.  Shambling forward.

Walter

I am actually ready to post the H1/1905 report but the mods will not give me the tech roll results until the others have caught up and this is the only thing that prevents me from moving on.

snip

Quote from: Walter on May 23, 2016, 07:41:21 AM
Quote from: Walter on May 07, 2016, 10:52:27 AM
With all respects but "Next week or two" is close to turning into 7 weeks now and there are still a number of nations (including the nation of he who said 'myself included') that have not posted their H1/1904 reports yet.
... and more than 2 weeks have passed since I posted this and I have not seen much action from those nations that still need to post their H1/1904 report...

... maybe we should just go and assume that they have forfeited the output and revenue of the unposted HYs and the next report that should be posted by those nations is the H2/1904 report...

Sometimes life gets in the way. I know both myself and Darman have been preoccupied with life. Regarding your proposal, its not happening.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Walter

QuoteSometimes life gets in the way. I know both myself and Darman have been preoccupied with life.
If you spend one minute on it every day (and surely that must be possible even if you have an extremely busy life ), in 9 weeks you'd have more than an hour to do something. I think that I can easily work out what I want in 2 Navalism years and make 4 HY reports of those in that time... and my style of reports needs quite a bit of editing and typing, even though I use the previous HY's report to fill everything in. You and Darman simply have to fill in the spreadsheet and then post it. Hell, if you had used all the time you spent on that minor conflict between your nations, I am pretty sure you two would have easily been able to get your reports done all the way up to the end of 1905.
QuoteRegarding your proposal, its not happening.
I'm sorry, but either we do something about it to get it moving or we declare this all dead. My opinion is that Russia is way too far behind and if you mods are not willing to do something about it, then I feel that I (as well as other players of nations bordering Russia) have the right to go back to my older reports and change them to counter anything that I consider to be a threat from Russia suddenly popping up into existence.

snip

Take some time and cool off. No need to fling so much mud around.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Walter

If stating facts is flinging mud, then I am flinging mud, but that does not change the fact that the facts remain facts.

... and while I would love to cool off, your "actions" both on the board and in pms aren't helping me cool off.