Access to liners / troop ships?

Started by miketr, August 12, 2016, 06:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miketr

I want to do my 1905 reports and news stories especially with respect to Madagascar.  Is there a power friendly to Germany that HAS transport capacity and would be willing to let Germany use said capacity in 1905 to move 5K worth of troops in H1 and again in H2?

Regards,
Michael

Walter

I had some plans for them, but cancelled them at the last moment prior to posting the H1/1905 report so if Germany needs them, the Chinese capacity for H1/1905 and H2/1905 are available.

Kaiser Kirk

Sorry,
I know between capacity and shipping times - and I have ports at each stop for recoaling- I once figured Italy could manage about 15,000/6mo,....but Italy is manically ferrying 12,000 Marines in HY1, to be followed in HY2 with 12,000 African Legionaires.  That will put my force in Querimba up to 72,000 men, but that doesn't leave much spare capacity in HY1.

Madagascar is a couple extra days trip, and I don't think you have an operational port for easy disembarkation...or refueling. I do have a collier, so if the Bavarians were willing to pay a storyline premium (not sim) to cover the cost of high speed cruising, it's probably safe to say the Italians could piggyback a 1,000-2,000 for the Bavarians in HY1.

However, the new Collier and the two Bragadin class should complete building in January, and finish shakedown in April. That makes them available in May, and the pair can carry 4500 men and 1200 tons of equipment, along with 12 lighters to land them.  It's about 18days at 10 knots, 15 at 12knots. figure 2 days to load at Naples, an extra day to transit Suez, a day layover at Berbera, and then like 6 days to unload with poor facilities in Madagascar. So ~28 days in transit, but ~20 days back, and can shave 6 days at 12knots. They could make 5 round trips a HY, for 22,500 troops & 6000 bonus tons of supplies.  Add in the collier's cargo room, and that's another 3000 tons of supplies, and 125 nice passenger rooms.

So it's possible if you can't find a better means, the Bavarians invite the Royals to Oktoberfest, get them drunk, bounce a Bavarian barmaid in the king's lap, then lean on them to run a regiment down in January, and then when the Bragadin class become available,  and ask nicely for a couple back-to-back trips at the end of HY1 and the beginning of HY2. 
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Jefgte

As a sign of detente between the two countries, France agrees to rent some transports and hospital ship to Germany.
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

miketr

Kaiser Kirk and Jefgte

How about we do this.

1905 H1 Italy moves 1,000 Bavarian replacement troops to Madagascar.
1905 H1 Later France makes the offer as a sign of Friendship and they move 4,000 troops.
1905 H2 Italy perhaps some additional capacity could move some place between 5K and 10K troops? 
In 1905 H2 I will pay for the establishment of a type 0 port.

I think I will need help in 1906 H1 too but then 1906 H2 on Germany will have its own capacity available.

Kaiser Kirk

Pasquale di Paoli carries 1250 troops and could be spared for a HY1 1905 run.
As for HY2 1905, Italy should easily be able to lift 10,000 troops Madagascar. It will take 2 runs, but that's not bad.
Cost can be covered in storyline fashion. I don't think the 0.075 actual matters.

Quote from: miketr on August 15, 2016, 06:59:41 PM
Kaiser Kirk and Jefgte

How about we do this.

1905 H1 Italy moves 1,000 Bavarian replacement troops to Madagascar.
1905 H1 Later France makes the offer as a sign of Friendship and they move 4,000 troops.
1905 H2 Italy perhaps some additional capacity could move some place between 5K and 10K troops? 
In 1905 H2 I will pay for the establishment of a type 0 port.

I think I will need help in 1906 H1 too but then 1906 H2 on Germany will have its own capacity available.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Jefgte

Quote...1905 H1 Later France makes the offer as a sign of Friendship and they move 4,000 troops....

France provide 3 transports "Ville class" for 4000 soldiers
Note that French transports w"ll go to a german harbor.

It's impossible to have german soldiers on the french territorie.
French governement fear people hostilities if german soldiers pass across France & goes to Toulon by trains.
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf