Notes and comments

Started by olekit24, March 10, 2016, 12:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olekit24

Here you can post your notes and comments  :)

Walter

A few notes on your ships after having quickly looked at them...

With the Carlos V Armored Cruiser...
Quote2 - 11,02" / 280 mm 35,0 cal guns - 628,03lbs / 284,87kg shells, 150 per gun
Breech loading guns in open barbette mounts, 1895 Model
2 x Twin mounts on centreline ends, evenly spread
2x twin mount = 4 guns, but you only simmed 2...
QuoteMain belt does not fully cover magazines and engineering spaces
I always prefer it if the main belt covers the whole area (which should be ~79.6m for the Carlos V)
QuoteFor and Aft decks: 6,50" / 165 mm
That is a lot of deck armor there, especially considering that it is a single deck... o_O

The Castillia Armored Cruiser also has the belt not covering all bit like with the Carlos V, but with the Castillia it is going to be a bit tougher as it would need to be ~95.6m long.

With the Alfonso XII Protected Cruiser...
Quote4 - 7,64" / 194 mm 40,0 cal guns - 213,51lbs / 96,85kg shells, 150 per gun
Breech loading guns in deck mounts, 1895 Model
2 x Single mounts on sides forward
The reverse of the Carlos V armament issue. 2x single mount = 2 guns, but you simmed 4...

With the Furor Destroyer...

Quote3 - 4,13" / 105 mm 40,0 cal guns - 33,85lbs / 15,36kg shells, 280 per gun
Breech loading guns in deck mounts, 1895 Model
2 x Single mounts on centreline ends, evenly spread
1 x Single mount on centreline, aft deck forward
The image suggests that the forward and center guns are raised and I am not quite certain how to treat the half raised aft mount. On the other hand with just regular deck mounts it should not have an effect on the sim whether they are raised or not (maybe a little bit on stability) but to me it just looks more correct to use the raised option in the sim for the forward and center guns.
Quote- Cross-sectional: 0,44
The minimum for this one should be 0.50...

Another thing I would do is reduce trimming of the ship a bit to gain some stability.

olekit24

Oh, thanks, Walter. As usual I have not mentioned details ))) Will correct soon.