How to start playing navalism?

Started by olekit24, January 23, 2016, 12:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser Kirk

well then I'll hold on on responding to your diplomatic note until I know what the actual Iberian history *is*.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

olekit24

Secretly saying I will not have the power to seriously bother Portugal in near five years. And then there is England, which, too, can stand up for decaying colonial power )

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: olekit24 on March 09, 2016, 03:17:39 AM
Secretly saying I will not have the power to seriously bother Portugal in near five years. And then there is England, which, too, can stand up for decaying colonial power )

Quoteand declared the creating of Iberia Union in summer 1901
Well, from what you had written, I was under the impression Portugal and Spain had unified into Iberia in the summer of 1901.  If that's not the case, then what is?

I can't see an in-game reason the Italians would mind their cousin the King of Portugal ruling a larger area.  That should be the basis of good relations.

As for the out of game reasons - yes, I had outlined plans to the mods when Portugal and Spain were NPCs, and had we got to the historical events of 1908, those plans may have happened.
But those are all null and void now there is a player. At this point pretty much all of my pre-start plans have been blown up by rule changes, some by player actions and now new players.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Logi

Olekit received ownership of Spain, not Portugal - hence there is no unified Iberia.

Jefgte

I supose that he start Spain since 1890, like us.
That mean 13 years with 4BP => 52 000t of ships (?)

Jef
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

olekit24

No, my starting point is 1904 h1

And for this time I have 40000 t fleet with a lot of tonnage bareers as result of Spain-America war in 1898

snip

Quote from: olekit24 on March 10, 2016, 06:52:27 AM
No, my starting point is 1904 h1

And for this time I have 40000 t fleet with a lot of tonnage bareers as result of Spain-America war in 1898

All that said, if you want to elaborate on the harbor ornaments of Santiago, feel free. Do note I did presume the historical (or nearest simable) Pluton was still used.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

olekit24

We now have got a new Servera. He will not jump out on the shore with all of his fleet  ;)

snip

Quote from: olekit24 on March 10, 2016, 09:26:41 AM
We now have got a new Servera. He will not jump out on the shore with all of his fleet  ;)

Its been assumed that the Spanish American War in the Caribbean happened roughly as historical. I would be extremely hesitant to changing that.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon