How to start playing navalism?

Started by olekit24, January 23, 2016, 12:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miketr

Welcome to the game.

Michael (Evil overlord of the Huns)

olekit24

olekit24

I think that restoration of Iberian Union will be more promising for the game. I have found some points in history, which can help to restore Union in 1900 ))

Iberian Union will not be Empire  - most of colonies were lost at the end of XIX century. But it can be one of Powers in 10 - 15 years after union created ))

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: olekit24 on January 25, 2016, 02:28:47 PM
I think that restoration of Iberian Union will be more promising for the game. I have found some points in history, which can help to restore Union in 1900 ))

Iberian Union will not be Empire  - most of colonies were lost at the end of XIX century. But it can be one of Powers in 10 - 15 years after union created ))

I find myself of mixed feelings. I recognize this will probably disrupt my vague plans for Portugal, and I have to try to separate that out.
But I still find myself disliking changing the starting map after start....but truthfully I can't come up with an actual *good* reason not to make a more playable country. 
Other than a minor disruption to my plans, I can't see how it would detract from the game.  So logic says I have to grudgingly withdraw my earlier protest. Bah to logic.

Since I believe the English underwrote the Portuguese Independence, perhaps something where Portugal takes over Spain?
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Darman

Quote from: Kaiser Kirk on January 25, 2016, 09:30:59 PM
Since I believe the English underwrote the Portuguese Independence, perhaps something where Portugal takes over Spain?
The English would not be averse to a marital union between the Spanish and Portuguese crowns so long as the male is Portuguese and the newly created triple crown (Castile, Aragon, and Portugal) is friendly towards the British. 

olekit24

I think it will be difficult to realize your conditions in practice.... But let 18-years old spanish Infanta Maria Teresa entered into a dynastic marriage with 17-years old portugalese prince Luis Fillipe in 1900.

There were no any successor of the spanish throne for that time (the eldest son of Alfonso XII, dead in 1885, livwd for 13 years and died in 1899 died from spanish flu).
The king of Portugal Karlush I with his eldest son Manuel were killed in Lisbon at the end of 1900.

So, official successors to the both thrones are Maria Teresa and Luis Filippe. They were crowned to rule united country at the first quarter of 1901, and declared the creating of Iberia Union in summer 1901.

New kingdom have not any claims to the neighbour countries and Iberia has friendly relations with Great Britain and France.

For example.

Tanthalas

Other than giving the newly Unified Espania Dirty looks the recently unified Netherlands has no objections.  I believe the message  would be something like "Congratulations, Now STAY OFF MY LAWN" (admittedly paraphrased).  Given Dutch history with Spain I wouldn't expect relations to be exactly warm, but they should be Cordial anyway.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Walter

QuoteGiven Dutch history with Spain I wouldn't expect relations to be exactly warm, but they should be Cordial anyway.
*cough cough*Eighty Years' War*cough cough* ;D

olekit24

Quote from: Tanthalas on January 26, 2016, 07:40:15 AM
Given Dutch history with Spain I wouldn't expect relations to be exactly warm, but they should be Cordial anyway.

You will be pleasantly surprised  ;)

snip

In case the first report did not make this obvious, Olekit24 is now our Spain player. My Condolences.  :P
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

The Rock Doctor

*Launches bombers*

I kid, I kid.  I don't have bombers.

Walter

QuoteI kid, I kid.  I don't have bombers.
Yes you have. There are plenty of Ottomans with explosives around their waist. :)
QuoteMy Condolences.
Here rests Olekit24's Sanity which was lost when he joined Navalism as the player of Spain. ;D

olekit24

Kaiser Kirk

I am curious as to the circumstances of
QuoteThe king of Portugal Karlush I with his eldest son Manuel were killed in Lisbon at the end of 1900.

Historically – and an event I had been planning for – in February 1908 anarchists shot Carlos I and his eldest son Luis Filipe, while Manuel Lived.  I presume it's pretty much the same characters, but it was some tragic accident like a vehicle accident or an earthquake–caused building collapse that instead strikes in 1900.

QuoteSo, official successors to the both thrones are Maria Teresa and Luis Filippe. They were crowned to rule united country at the first quarter of 1901, and declared the creating of Iberia Union in summer 1901.

In any case, The Luis Filipe's Grandmother is also the King of Italy's Aunt, so the Italian Royals would most definitely attend the Wedding. Carlos's younger brother, Afonso, whom I have moved to Naples early as part of my original plans (historically it was 1910), would also attend.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

olekit24

that's an old scenery. And I've got something new. Including the measures and events which will not allow Italy to intervene in the Affairs of Spain ;)