Main Menu

1903 Rules Patch

Started by snip, April 22, 2015, 01:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darman

I've pretty much tried to avoid commenting publicly on this.  And I'm not going to come down on one side or another.  I'm going to simply state my intention to the mods that I'd like for Ireland to be considered a colony given its historical propensity for revolt and unrest.  I reserve judgement on all other Imperial possessions for the time being. 

snip

So everything aside from revolt is fixed at this point as no real objections have been noted that have not been addressed.

On revolt, it seems like the following is well and locked down.

--Distinction between Colony and Homeland will be handled by the geographic rules, but the mods will hear arguments for any case proposed by a player regarding shifting territory from one to the other.
--Flat chance for revolts.
--Severity of revolt will be determined by the chart presented here with this equation. Result]=[Roll d20]+[Roundup(delta(Pop:IC))]
--Commonwelth status [no revolt chance] will now be defined as 75% of the average total homeland IC/Pop ratio.

Unless I am missing something, the only thing yet to be locked down that Logi and I need to powow on is this.
--Moving homelanders into colonies. What effect does this have on revolt chance?

Anything I am missing?
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Logi

Regarding revolt risks, we have worked it down to:

Not having any homelanders in the colony gives a revolt chance of 10% (this is the max revolt chance).
Homelander = Native results in revolt chance of 5% (halfed).
Homelander = 2 x Native pop. results in a revolt chance of zero.

We discussed having a sliding scale in between, but I'm not certain that will be necessary - given that few colonies are every going to be very large in native population.

This is all we have holding us back from 1903/H1, so let's get it out of the way.

The Rock Doctor

Tanthalas

Quote--Commonwelth status [no revolt chance] will now be defined as 75% of the average total homeland IC/Pop ratio.

I still think 50% would be more realistic, however if this is the "final" I am ready to move forward (even if I personally still think revolts should be something handled at player discretion with moderator oversight if players are ignoring OTL patterns). 
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Jefgte

...(even if I personally still think revolts should be something handled at player discretion with moderator oversight if players are ignoring OTL patterns).

I agree.
In other words,
Player decid or propose & Modos (or other players) valid.

Jef  ;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

miketr

Jefgte

...dead !!!

:-X  :'(
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

The Rock Doctor

It's summer and my brain won't process ships right now.  I'll get back to it at some point.

snip

Been in some major time occupiers as of late. Mostly having a head coaching possession that I didn't really have much choice to take eat my nights, and then having the team ripped away from me, and then finding another team with an assistant possession. Im not quite back to my sweating chlorine days as a competitor, but Im close. Also been a bit of any emotional ride to. Apologies, but I have needed more time then I really should have taken.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

The Rock Doctor

Hey, found my spreadsheet. 

Shame I've got no spending blocked out for 1903.

Darman

I've simply had little time available, and what little time i have, I'm not really willing to spend re-doing spreadsheets etc.  I have more important things to drink between shifts.... i mean... I have more important things to do....

Logi

I haven't had the energy to really work on ships recently - fortunately I think no new design ships were getting laid down 1903 so I should be able to get my spreadsheet up this weekend.

The Rock Doctor

Somebody remind me where I get SS3, please?  I had moved my copy to a USB drive, and it was eaten by a puppy yesterday.

Darman

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on August 21, 2015, 03:18:50 PM
Somebody remind me where I get SS3, please?  I had moved my copy to a USB drive, and it was eaten by a puppy yesterday.

you gotta pick up his poop anyways.... just wash it off :D :D :D :D