The Conference of Constantinople, July 1900

Started by The Rock Doctor, September 22, 2014, 08:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miketr

OOC Its an interesting question in game I don't believe we had the Duchies diet declare Independence then I would say in legal terms the territory remains part of Austria. 

As Germany I do NOT want another ethnic minority and as the player view having been defeated in my effort to get the Czechs is actually a long term win.   

The Rock Doctor

OOC  Unless there are objections, let's assume this puppy wrapped up on the last day of July.

miketr

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: miketr on November 02, 2014, 01:45:24 PM
OOC Its an interesting question in game I don't believe we had the Duchies diet declare Independence then I would say in legal terms the territory remains part of Austria. 

As Germany I do NOT want another ethnic minority and as the player view having been defeated in my effort to get the Czechs is actually a long term win.

OOC:
The Carinola Diet was appointed by Vienna as I recall, and is a lapdog. The storyline I had, the Slovenes protested against the Austrians, calling for greater freedom. The understaffed Austrian gendarmes cracked down with curfews beatings and arrests, leading to rioting.  The Italian commander initially declined to become involved in civil affairs.  Slovenes attacked Germans in Gottschee, and the Italian Marines on border duty did intervene to protect the Gottschee folks. Vienna talked to Rome, the Italian CO was relieved by the Marine CO, and Italians were tasked with taking over the Gendarme role, seconding the Austrians to advisor status. Slovenes were paroled from jails and councilmen involved in policing matters, while the public was allowed to peacably protest Austrian rule, while the Italian Marines kept things orderly.

As I recall, nobody really wanted the province, but I agreed to take it.  By casting the Austrians in the role of the evil oppressors, and the Italians in the role of liberating protectors, if the province woundup with Italy, there would be a nice built in storyline as to why the Slovenes were agreeable to that.

Now it'll just be some dirt poor little area offering an object lesson on economies of scale, unless it gets something valuable, in which case it will be on object lesson on why tiny states with valuable assets and long undefensible borders don't last long in nature.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest