Wales - 2.0
India (excluding Sikkam and Bhutan) - 284.4
Ceylon - 3.9
Burma - 10.2
Australia - 3.7
New Zealand - 0.8
Canada - 5.7
Cape Colony - 2.9
Leeward Islands (Anguillo, Br. Virgin Islands, Montserrat, Antigua, St. Kitts and Nevis, Dominica) - 0.13
Windward Islands (Barbados, Grenada, Saint Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago) - 0.62
Bermuda (Bermuda, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos Islands) - 0.08
Jamaica (Jamaica, Cayman Islands) - 0.73
Indian Ocean Territory (Cocos Islands, Christmas Island, Seychelles, Maldives, Mauritius) - 0.45
South Atlantic Territory (Falklands, St Helena, Ascension, Tristan da Cunho) - 0.01
Gold Coast (Gold Coast, Sierra Leone, Gambia) - 3.97
North Borneo (North Borneo, Brunei) - 0.32
Malaya (Federated Malay States, Unfederated Malay States, Straits Settlements) - 1.45
Pacific Territory (Phoenix Islands, Pitcairn Islands, Tokelau Island, Ellice Islands, Niue, Cook Islands, Fiji, Gilbert Islands) - 0.17

Total: 359.73

Walter

So when did 41.2+284.5 become 359.83? That is more than a 10% increase of the startup population given to the British Empire.

Also according to the map, Sikkam and Bhutan are not part of India.

India's population according to the populstat site is 271.3 so I assume Pakistan is part of that bit to bump it up (though looking at the populstat site, it should then be more than 284.5).

Darman

Quote from: Walter on April 30, 2014, 05:49:01 AM
So when did 41.2+284.5 become 359.83? That is more than a 10% increase of the startup population given to the British Empire.

Also according to the map, Sikkam and Bhutan are not part of India.

India's population according to the populstat site is 271.3 so I assume Pakistan is part of that bit to bump it up (though looking at the populstat site, it should then be more than 284.5).
I was informed that 41.2 was the United Kingdom (Ireland, England, Wales, and Scotland), and that 284.5 was India.  I added Sikkam and Bhutan because I thought they were attached to India, if I'm wrong then I believe I've lost 0.1 pop. 

All the rest are British colonies and territories listed as belonging to the UK on the map, as best I could tell. 

Walter

QuoteI was informed that 41.2 was the United Kingdom (Ireland, England, Wales, and Scotland), and that 284.5 was India.
That may be so but the way I read it, the setup still gives you a population of 325.7 for the whole British Empire, not 359.83. China's startup population is 400 eventhough it should have a little bit more than that with the few non-historical additions and for the regional breakdown I will have to work with figures that add up to 431,735,400 (and wiki gives China's population of 415,000,000).

Maybe you should give the moderator who came up with those numbers a spanking for not giving you the right population number. :)
QuoteI added Sikkam and Bhutan because I thought they were attached to India
They are squeezed between India and China.

Nepal (lighter green), Sikkam (grey), Bhutan (darker green)

Looking at the map added to the 1900 populations on wiki, I think that Sikkam's grey is a mistake and it should be British Racing Green Communist Red. As for that 0.1 pop, that's nothing and you should just assume that those 100,000 people live south of Sikkam if we are to leave it like that.

I had hoped for this border between British India and the Tibettan Mongolian Chinese Empire...

... but you objected to it (though you never gave any reasons as to why).

A shame, but I guess I will be 'borrowing' some stuff from Nepal and Bhutan an relocate them in Tibet. :)

Logi

Darman is doing so with my approval. On that note, you're correct about China.

There's a few mistakes in the Pop/IC numbers for China/UK/Japan since we gained/lost territory during the startup discussion. I'll correct them over the coming weekend. :-[

The number I gave for China doesn't include Mongolia, etc. and the number I gave from Japan doesn't include the Philippines. In the case of the UK, there were so many colonies that I had only included the British Home-islands and India in the initial estimate. I'll have to fix all that.

snip

I would say that as long as you site whatever source you use, that the numbers initially given are not set in stone.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

editted to subtract Sikkam and Bhutan from India. 

Darman

British Empire (fortifications and colonial garrisons)

England - 2 1-citadel fortresses (c.1895 @Portsmouth, Plymouth), 1 3-citadel fortress (c.1895 @London)
Ireland - 1 1-citadel fortress (c. 1880 @Dublin)
Scotland - 1 1-citadel fortress (c.1895 @ Edinburgh)
India - 3 1-citadel fortresses (c.1840s at best @ Calcutta, Delhi, Madras/Chennai) (could be considered obsolete relics but I believe defensible against rebels or hostile tribesmen)
Ceylon - 1,000 infantry (1st battalion, The Rifle Brigade)
Burma - 1,000 infantry (2/Rifles)
Australia - Colonial troops
New Zealand - Colonial troops
Canada - 1 citadel fortress (c.1880 @Halifax)
Cape Colony - Colonial troops
Leeward Islands (Anguillo, Br. Virgin Islands, Montserrat, Antigua, St. Kitts and Nevis, Dominica) - 500 marines (1/Royal Marines)
Windward Islands (Barbados, Grenada, Saint Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago) - 500 marines (2/Royal Marines)
Bermuda (Bermuda, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos Islands) - 1 citadel fortress (c.1880 @Bermuda)
Jamaica (Jamaica, Cayman Islands) - 1,000 infantry (3/Rifles)
Indian Ocean Territory (Cocos Islands, Christmas Island, Seychelles, Maldives, Mauritius) - 500 marines (3/Royal Marines)
South Atlantic Territory (Falklands, St Helena, Ascension, Tristan da Cunho) - 500 marines (4/Royal Marines)
Gold Coast (Gold Coast, Sierra Leone, Gambia) - 1,000 infantry (4/Rifles)
North Borneo (North Borneo, Brunei) - 1,000 infantry (5/Rifles)
Malaya (Federated Malay States, Unfederated Malay States, Straits Settlements) - 1 citadel fortress (c.1880 @Singapore)
Pacific Territory (Phoenix Islands, Pitcairn Islands, Tokelau Island, Ellice Islands, Niue, Cook Islands, Fiji, Gilbert Islands) - 500 marines (5/Royal Marines)
Gibraltar - 1 citadel fortress (c.1895)
Malta - 1 citadel fortress (c.1880)

Darman

British Army (not counting the Indian Army or Colonial Forces)

Ireland
3rd Infantry Division (Royal Irish Rifles, Wiltshire Regt, Royal Scots, Royal Irish Regt, Northumberland Fusliers)

Scotland
No garrison

England
Household Cavalry Brigade
1st Cavalry Division (Queen's Bays, 5th Dragoon Guards, 11th Hussars, 4th Dragoon Guards, Royal Irish Lancers)
2nd Cavalry Division (Royals Scots Greys, 20th Hussars, 4th Hussars, 16th Lancers, Carabiniers)
Guards Infantry Division (Grenadier Guards, Coldstream Guards, Scots Guards, Irish Guards, Welsh Guards)
1st Infantry Division (Black Watch, Cameron Highlanders, Royal Munster Fusiliers, Royal Sussex Regt, King's Royal Rifle Corps)
2nd Infantry Division (Ox & Bucks Light Infantry, Hertfordshire Regt, Highland Light Infantry, Connaught Rangers, King's Liverpool Regt)

India
4th Infantry Division (Royal Warwickshire Regt, Royal Irish Fusiliers, Somerset Light Infantry, King's Own Lancaster Regt, Highland Regt)
5th Infantry Division (Royal West Kent Regt, Devonshire Regt, East Surrey Regt, Norfolk Regt, Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry)
6th Infantry Division (The Buffs, Shropshire Light Infantry, Leicestershire Regt, Royal Fusiliers, Sherwood Foresters)

Colonial Garrison Duties:
Royal Marines (1 brigade) (Leeward Is, Windward Is, Indian Ocean Territory, South Atlantic Territory, Pacific Territory)
The Rifle Brigade (Ceylon, Burma, Jamaica, Gold Coast, North Borneo)

Total
2.2 Cavalry Divisions (2 divisions, 1 brigade)
7.2 Infantry Divisions (7 divisions, 1 brigade)
0.2 Marine Divisions (1 brigade)

Darman

I would just like to confirm the British Empire's BP and IC.  It says IC is 18+17 (presumably Britain is 18 and the colonies are 17), and BP is 24+4+10.5 (24 for Britain, 4 for India, and 10.5 for Aus/Can/NZ/Cape?). 

Logi

Hm... I think I made a mistake. It should be 18+17+10.5 IC and 24+4 BP (sorry no free BP for you). The distribution is as you think.

Darman

Quote from: Logi on May 25, 2014, 07:02:38 AM
Hm... I think I made a mistake. It should be 18+17+10.5 IC and 24+4 BP (sorry no free BP for you). The distribution is as you think.
To be honest I was wondering wth I was going to do with 10.5 extra BP when I wasn't going to have enough IC to afford to utilize it myself. 

Darman

Coastal Defenses
156 4.7" parapet mounts (2.028)
24 6" disappearing mounts (0.48)
36 6" parapet mounts (0.468)
56 9.2" disappearing mounts (5.6)
28 9.2" parapet mounts (1.876)
34 13.5" disappearing mounts (8.5)
14 13.5" casemated mounts (7)

Total Cost: 25.952 BP

Edit: Just a side note that this will be changing.  I'll repost a new listing. 

Darman

Naval Infrastructure

Ports
Type 0: 4 (2)
Type 1: 13 (26)
Type 2: 6 (18)
Type 3: 5 (20)
Type 4: 2 (10)
Type 5: 0 (0)

Total: 30 ports (76 BP)

Slipways
Type 0: 0
Type 1: 7
Type 2: 7
Type 3: 3
Type 4: 3
Type 5: 0
Total: 20 slipways (20 BP)

Drydocks
Type 0: 2
Type 1: 18
Type 2: 16
Type 3: 2
Type 4: 1
Type 5: 0
Total: 39 drydocks (37 BP)

Ports: 76 BP
Slipways: 20 BP
Drydocks: 37 BP
Grand Total: 133 BP

Darman

133 BP for infrastructure plus the 25.952 BP for coast defense gives me a total of 158.952 BP spent. 

that leaves roughly 921 BP for the navy.