Rollcall and Other Misc. Statistics

Started by Logi, March 21, 2014, 02:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darman

Quote from: Darman on March 21, 2014, 05:08:29 PM
Also, I found a Navalism twitter account, does anyone know who has access to it?
Sorry but I am interested in knowing if anyone else even knows of this account.  I think it could be used to inform members but also just to get tweets out there and possibly attract some other players. 

Logi

I have no idea what account you're referring to. I don't think it belongs to anyone, but you'll have to link it. It most certainly couldn't be me, I'm a bit anti-social media to begin with.

Darman

Logi

I suppose it might be Guinness then, given there's a tweet about site maintenance and upgrade.

Darman

Could be.  I just think that it could be useful to occasionally send out tweets about the sim itself, events in the sim, or even just a little blurb about an interesting article someone read.  I have no idea really, just send out tweets relevant to our subject matter that might attract people with similar interests to at least follow our twitter account, and maybe a few would join the site. 

Darman

Also, for the major powers that don't have a player at the helm, they still need sim reports, a representative for diplomacy, etc.  What do you think of each of these non-player-controlled countries having a 2-person team that will organize and run them as a caretaking operation until someone new jumps in and wants to play?  Two players would avoid too much bias during negotiations. 

snip

Quote from: Darman on March 23, 2014, 01:29:17 PM
Also, for the major powers that don't have a player at the helm, they still need sim reports, a representative for diplomacy, etc.  What do you think of each of these non-player-controlled countries having a 2-person team that will organize and run them as a caretaking operation until someone new jumps in and wants to play?  Two players would avoid too much bias during negotiations.
Im thinking we should hit up older players to see if they want to jump back in after we finalize the changes to the rules. The only big notables I see absent are (based of Logi's timeline and presuming we can knock Japan out of major power status via a different Sino-Japanese war) France, Ottomans, Russia. So we really only "need" three more.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

Quote from: snip on March 23, 2014, 01:34:55 PM
Quote from: Darman on March 23, 2014, 01:29:17 PM
Im thinking we should hit up older players to see if they want to jump back in after we finalize the changes to the rules. The only big notables I see absent are (based of Logi's timeline and presuming we can knock Japan out of major power status via a different Sino-Japanese war) France, Ottomans, Russia. So we really only "need" three more.

My plan is merely in case we fail to find sufficient players. 

Logi

Quotepresuming we can knock Japan out of major power status via a different Sino-Japanese war
I am playing Japan ;)

QuoteMy plan is merely in case we fail to find sufficient players.
I think it's a fine plan.

QuoteCould be.  I just think that it could be useful to occasionally send out tweets about the sim itself, events in the sim, or even just a little blurb about an interesting article someone read.  I have no idea really, just send out tweets relevant to our subject matter that might attract people with similar interests to at least follow our twitter account, and maybe a few would join the site.
Could be interesting. I see no problems with this line of effort. You have my blessings.

snip

-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

Quote from: Logi on March 23, 2014, 01:47:08 PM
QuoteCould be.  I just think that it could be useful to occasionally send out tweets about the sim itself, events in the sim, or even just a little blurb about an interesting article someone read.  I have no idea really, just send out tweets relevant to our subject matter that might attract people with similar interests to at least follow our twitter account, and maybe a few would join the site.
Could be interesting. I see no problems with this line of effort. You have my blessings.
I'll message Guiness then and ask him about it.  And if any of you have twitter accounts then I recommend following the Navalism feed (I already do), just in case we do get it back up and running. 

Logi

Is my attempt at filling out the V2 map with our expected national borders in 1900. Since Africa is mostly an open question, I didn't bother specifically filling it up. I also quite randomly gave the Philippines to Germany, but Japan could always take it instead :D

Walter

I also quite randomly gave the Philippines to Germany, but Japan could always take it

You could also give them to me. ;D

Germany makes sense since Spain sold those islands to the east to Germany to begin with. Adding the Philippines makes sense.

Although if you keep your hands off Taiwan, you could definitely get my support for Japanese Philippines. :D

If you could remove those annoying green blobs along the south side of China that annoying little green blob on the southcoast of China, I'll be happy. :)

snip

Few Minor little things. Would change them myself, but better to have one cartographer.

1. Mexico has a we bit of Texas north of the Rio Grande
2. Puerta Rico is not a US territory (not sure if intentional or not, just pointing it out.
3. The top of Main is Canadian.
4. Many of the little Pacific islands are undistributed. Thoughts on how to do that/who should own them?
-Siegfried Sassoon

Walter

QuoteIf you could remove those annoying green blobs along the south side of China that annoying little green blob on the southcoast of China, I'll be happy. :)
... now I said this jokingly when I was posting it, but thinking of one of the past restart attempts, I found out that there is a lot of cool stuff and structures in Nepal and Bhutan (especially the Dzongs in Bhutan). Would be nice to have that as part of China (instead of 'relocating; those buildings)...
... I might even use the idea I suggested to the Wesworld China player here. :)