Important Information on the start of Normal game play.

Started by snip, June 25, 2014, 01:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snip

Something is off about those numbers. What happened was we copied the tables and did not mess with the values as we were still talking about them at the time. What we are going to do is standardize the combat power of a 3-Citadel fort to that of a INF division of the same tech level. The other options will scale from there. Cost will not change, as we did what modification we though was needed on those.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

The Rock Doctor

Just a heads-up that although I'm attempting to read what's posted, I won't be doing much writing for the next week or two - Mrs. Rock fell and messed up her foot, so I'm having to play nurse while she's bedridden.

snip

Game will still be here. Pass on our best to Mrs. Rock.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on August 02, 2014, 05:19:17 PM
Just a heads-up that although I'm attempting to read what's posted, I won't be doing much writing for the next week or two - Mrs. Rock fell and messed up her foot, so I'm having to play nurse while she's bedridden.

A rock fall? thats the schist. Tallus it's not so. Not gneiss news at all. Well Family first, I hope we can take it for granite that her recovery goes marbelously.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Darman

The Rock Doctor

Thanks.

Quote from: Kaiser Kirk on August 02, 2014, 11:06:44 PM
Quote from: The Rock Doctor on August 02, 2014, 05:19:17 PM

A rock fall? thats the schist. Tallus it's not so. Not gneiss news at all. Well Family first, I hope we can take it for granite that her recovery goes marbelously.

That was terrible and I will pumice you for it.

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on August 03, 2014, 11:50:54 AM
That was terrible and I will pumice you for it.

Just call me Sherlock my Dear Watson.
Why?
Well, it's sedimentary my Dear Watson....
I find puns, and maritime terraces, terribly uplifting.

For my part, there is a not insignificant chance that I may suddenly cease communication for several weeks. I may be a forester, but California is burning and during fire season we form the support & reserves on fires, and we've been put on standby. So it's Sunday at lunch and I'm the office waiting to find out if I'm going to be assigned to a fire.

The Rock Doctor

That sounds pretty unpleasant.  Be careful if you find yourself out on the front line.

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on August 03, 2014, 02:46:29 PM
That sounds pretty unpleasant.  Be careful if you find yourself out on the front line.

Right now just cooling our heels. My boss, her boss, 4 of the aides, 2 of the foresters and our GIS spec are all on fire duty, rest of us are just on standby to fill ataffing needs. Plus, while I have that training (heck, I just was tested on driving a fire engine in reverse through a cone course), the fact I have a GPS, Truck and Radio makes me more useful elsewhere, and running support duties means some firefighter or engineer is freed up to do the stuff they do most of the time.

Edit : New to the State Forestry/Fire agency, but during my time in private industry, I've dug fireline before, it's not that bad. The memorable time was when the wind was driving it onto a neighbor, so we were digging line in said wind...with it's attendant rain and 40ish degree temps. Hardwork keeps you warm :)

Jefgte

I move to another region of France.
My participation in the forum, specialy France, will be minimal in the coming weeks.

Jef  ;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf