Main Menu

Nobody here...

Started by Jefgte, February 20, 2014, 04:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snip

Quote from: Jefgte on March 19, 2014, 04:52:50 PM
Just one thing that I claim always to add in the rules.
Possible use of historical material
As long as the ships meet the Springsharp sim rules.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

Quote from: Walter on March 19, 2014, 08:46:02 AM
I can understand that being applied when a player were to control both France and Great Britain for example. But what about smaller nations? If a player wants to play some South American League that consists of Argentina, Chile and Uruguay, would he be allowed to start them as three separate nations and build towards unification?
If allowed to do so I'd love to work that story arc again. 

Anyways, I would really like to return to N3 rules.  I found the updated ship maintenance rules to be complicated and to be frank I only vaguely knew the theory behind it and certainly could not do the math out in my head.  Yes, I relied on the spreadsheet, but it was much more difficult to calculate the future cost of a vessel design when I was away from my computer. 

snip

Quote from: Darman on March 19, 2014, 07:53:57 PM
Anyways, I would really like to return to N3 rules.
As long as you let me attempt to replace the parts about how we get the cash and BP. I think I can make that a helluva lot simpler, along with some other parts.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

Quote from: snip on March 19, 2014, 08:08:35 PM
Quote from: Darman on March 19, 2014, 07:53:57 PM
Anyways, I would really like to return to N3 rules.
As long as you let me attempt to replace the parts about how we get the cash and BP. I think I can make that a helluva lot simpler, along with some other parts.

I think Logi and I agreed that the economy (cash/BP: how we get it, and hopefully how we can create more of it) and the army/ground rules are the only sections from N3 that we should touch. 

snip

Read my proposal a few posts back. What do you think? And yes, Army rules need to be all but gutted and rebuilt. N3 Naval works, but I can think of a few very minor things I would tweek. Also tech, well tech will need to be talked about IMO.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

Quote from: snip on March 19, 2014, 08:22:46 PM
Read my proposal a few posts back. What do you think?
Sounds a little complicated. 

snip

-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

It just seems like its more math to do at the beginning of each turn. 

Jefgte

More math is not cool.  ???

Simple rules (not bla bla bla)

one ligne => one rule

Jef

"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

snip

Its much simpler then the current system, that all but must be done with a spreadsheet. You can do it with a simple handheld calculator.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

Quote from: snip on March 21, 2014, 04:47:58 PM
Its much simpler then the current system, that all but must be done with a spreadsheet. You can do it with a simple handheld calculator.
But more complicated than the original N3 rules. 

snip

How so? It eliminates POP and IC entirely.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

I like the idea of a floating budget and deficit spending etc.  However, I personally would rather not have to do that math out, whether its do-able on a calculator or not.  And to bring this over to what I'm going to say in the economics thread, I think that Logi's adjustments of the existing N3 economic system would be better than rewriting it completely. 

snip

How is [PrevTurnSpent*.1]+PrevTurnBase=TurnBase more complex then the current system?
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

Quote from: snip on March 21, 2014, 07:41:32 PM
How is [PrevTurnSpent*.1]+PrevTurnBase=TurnBase more complex then the current system?
Because to me, that what you just said is gobblygook.  I'm not trying to offend, but I'm none too good with math or computers, just enough to get by, do my taxes and pay my bills.  (And do a few logistical calculations for my research.) And I'm going to guess that the more complicated we make the math or computer skills necessary to play the game, the fewer people would be willing to pick it up.  Even if what you're saying is simple to do, it doesn't sound simple to me.