Main Menu

Preferences

Started by KWorld, July 10, 2013, 09:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWorld

This is a topic for people to put in their preferences for countries in the different scenarios under discussion.

We know that Jefgte would like to play France in both.  ;)

My preference for Conquest of Paradise would be the US, and for Decline of the Spanish Empire I'd go with the Norse League.

Walter

We can give him Quebec then. It's French (sort of) and it is original, new & certainly pleasant for him to play.  ;D

I will just wait a bit and see what others come up with before making a choice.

Nobody

Well...
I suppose you're not surprised that I would like to play Germany. However, that's sort of important, so not really the best choice for someone who doesn't know if he will be able to play properly.

Darman

Quote from: Nobody on July 10, 2013, 11:51:21 AM
Well...
I suppose you're not surprised that I would like to play Germany. However, that's sort of important, so not really the best choice for someone who doesn't know if he will be able to play properly.

Hanseatic League would be the rough equivalent for Germany under a decline of the Spanish Empire scenario. 

My preferences would be:
Decline and Fall of the Spanish Empire: the Spanish Empire (for those of you who understand the reference; think Solarian League)
Conquest of Paradise: The Netherlands

Walter

All ship sims I'm currently working with are recycled sims from the start attempt in which I controlled Cao Wei, so I kind of like to do something Chinese again (saves time coming up with the ship names as I already have them from that particular start; also it does not need to be the whole of China).

If we plan to stick to Europe (Darman's opinion in the 1870 thread) I guess I will "move" a bunch of people and a bunch of landmarks and mountains to a location near you in Europe. :) Still need to figure out where though.

Eventhough it is Navalism, the silly idea of playing Switzerland (small navy of small ships on the lakes and a big army + lots of fortifications) also crossed my mind. "I shall be your bank, but borrow money at your own risk. Failure to pay back the money in time will result in an invasion." ;D

KWorld

I have no objection in principle to the idea of a competent, industrializing Chinese empire at his time period, there's no objective reason it couldn't have happened (it would take some explaining, but that's on your head, Walter).  The practical issue with a Chinese empire is that, given the rules we have, China would rapidly out-industrialize and out-produce the rest of the world because of her huge population.

Walter

Like I said, it does not need to be the whole of China. A small part of it, comparable to what the rest will have when it comes to industry and population, would be better with the rest of China being infested by the warring warlords (who will no doubt create more than a few headaches for the more 'civilized' part of China).

Alternatively (and probably more likely), I will look for some European real estate and move some asians (after all, there should be more than enough of them in Asia) there as well as some of the landmarks. Since I like mountains, perhaps Switzerland and a slice of Italy so I have some seaside property. :D

KWorld

Quote from: Walter on July 28, 2013, 08:43:39 AM
Like I said, it does not need to be the whole of China. A small part of it, comparable to what the rest will have when it comes to industry and population, would be better with the rest of China being infested by the warring warlords (who will no doubt create more than a few headaches for the more 'civilized' part of China).

Alternatively (and probably more likely), I will look for some European real estate and move some asians (after all, there should be more than enough of them in Asia) there as well as some of the landmarks. Since I like mountains, perhaps Switzerland and a slice of Italy so I have some seaside property. :D

Of the two ideas, I quite prefer the former myself, in part because it's more historically reasonable.  A rebellious region of China, population 30-50 million, that  broke away around say 1830 or so and has been developing separately since.  Such a state wohuld have the remaining Chinese empire as a natural enemy (and might, as a consequence of their enmity have started that empire modernizing as well, though more slowly and less efficiently than their rivals).

Walter

With the second one, you should not think that I'll be moving 30-50 million asians into the region and each and every monument in asia. Just a few (million :D ).

To be honest, when I posted that, I was looking at the situation from the mountains. Having looked around a bit more with Google (and having played too much Assassin's Creed II lately), I'm now leaning more towards Italy (with some additional mountain regions in the north)...

... hmmm Venice. 8)

KWorld

No issue with you taking Italy, Walter, but if you do, take Italians (not Chinese).

Certainly Jef would feel more loved that way, if he had Darman to his northeast and you to his south-east.  ;)

Walter

Italians eating Chinese food it is then. A good enough reason to expand to the East. Go for the source of the food. ;D

I will look friendly at Jef and smile and ask him if he has any problems with the North Italian Kingdom not giving him Savoy and Nice in 1860. :D

KWorld

Quote from: Walter on July 28, 2013, 09:43:43 AM
Italians eating Chinese food it is then. A good enough reason to expand to the East. Go for the source of the food. ;D

Well, some have claimed they already do, between the pasta and the rice.  ;)

QuoteI will look friendly at Jef and smile and ask him if he has any problems with the North Italian Kingdom not giving him Savoy and Nice in 1860. :D

Walter

QuoteWell, some have claimed they already do, between the pasta and the rice.
Pasta is wheat
Rice is seed
All I need
Is a little bit more speed.
No idea how I should reply to that particular part of the reply of yours. ;D

Besides not giving Savoy and Nice to France, I was thinking of annexing Switzerland as well as a slice of Western Austria in order to have a lot more pf the Alps in my section of land for my "I like Mountains" program. 8)

Perhaps make Corsica French (Oh wait! That is already French. I meant Sardinia of course). ;D

KWorld

Quote from: Walter on July 28, 2013, 01:44:23 PM
No idea how I should reply to that particular part of the reply of yours. ;D

Besides not giving Savoy and Nice to France, I was thinking of annexing Switzerland as well as a slice of Western Austria in order to have a lot more pf the Alps in my section of land for my "I like Mountains" program. 8)

Perhaps make Corsica French (Oh wait! That is already French. I meant Sardinia of course). ;D

Sounds like you've got plenty of things to do in starting in 1870.  :) 

Jefgte

Heh...  >:(
Savoy & Nice are French.
Corsica is the born place of Napoléon...French too.

If you want more territories, there are more countries in south coasts of Mediterranee.
We could negociate for them   :)   but not about France departements.

Jef
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf