Main Menu

Decisions, decisions

Started by KWorld, July 05, 2013, 07:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWorld

Guys, we've now got several options on what sort of scenario we could do next, it's time to make some decisions and get going.  Otherwise, we'll sit here paralyzed as people slowly drift away.

So, which scenario of the ones we've seen proposed do YOU want to play?

Jefgte

"Conquest of Paradize" is original, new & certainly pleasant to play.

(Conquest of Colonies)

Jef  ;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Darman

I prefer my decline of the Spanish empire scenario

KWorld

Well, that's two opinions.  How about Rocky, Nobody, Delta, and Walter?

Darman

Quote from: KWorld on July 06, 2013, 06:02:36 AM
Well, that's two opinions.  How about Rocky, Nobody, Delta, and Walter?
I'll gladly vote for them..... ;)

Jefgte

Dont' forget Nobody.
--
But that's the week end...
--
& KW opinion ?
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

KWorld

Quote from: Jefgte on July 06, 2013, 05:44:35 PM
Dont' forget Nobody.
--
But that's the week end...
--
& KW opinion ?

Heh, the moderator is hoping not to need to express an opinion, either scenario can work for me.

Walter

Nobody

I would prefer the "conquest of paradise" scenario. I believe an additional crumbling empire is just a complication.

However, I don't know if can be an actual active player...

Delta Force

I'm in favor of a more historical setting, or alternate history that isn't too radical. I think it would appeal to a larger group of people who may not be interested solely in the naval aspect.

KWorld

Quote from: Delta Force on July 08, 2013, 02:56:42 AM
I'm in favor of a more historical setting, or alternate history that isn't too radical. I think it would appeal to a larger group of people who may not be interested solely in the naval aspect.

"Conquest of Paradise" essentially delays the great colonization race of the mid-late 1800s until the turn of the century (unless someone wants to play a non-historical power, of course). 

"Decline of the Spanish Empire" is a bit further afield, granted, since it postulates that the rest of Europe essentially agreed to allow the Spanish and Portugese to do all of the exploring and colonizing until approximately 1890, and that those empires did not expand their holdings beyond what they claimed at their historical high points.

The scenario we were playing was fairly historical, other than exact boundaries (A-H) and which colonies who had (France & Italy in Africa, etc).

KWorld

OK, let's see how this tallies up:

Jeftge - "Conquest of Paradise"
Darman - "Decline of the Spanish Empire"
Nobody - "Conquest of Paradise"
Delta Force - None specified
Walter - Abstain
KWorld - Abstain
Rock Doctor - No vote received

Right now, Conquest of Paradise is winning, but Nobody qualified his vote by saying he might not actually be able to be active.  So, Delta Force, Walter, Rocky, you hold the deciding positions.  If you don't like the current proposals, feel free to bring in another one, maybe it will be the pick.

Walter

Doesn't matter to me...

... but to make you happy, I tossed a coin and "Conquest of Paradise" was victorious.

Delta Force

Conquest of Paradise sounds similar to a historical setting and also like an old board game I used to play. It would have to be earlier in the 1870s or 1880s to have there truly be a struggle for colonies though, by the 1890s remote Pacific islands were the only places left to be colonized.

Nobody

I wouldn't really mind starting 1860s, and with ships for the start - safe some cost guard vessels (<<1000 t).

All we need is a simple sail rule.