Main Menu

Making the sim move

Started by KWorld, June 04, 2013, 09:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWorld

So, guys, what do we need to stir the sim out of it's torpor?  We seem to be stuck in a spot where no one posts, so no one feels any urgency to post, so nothing happens, so people drift away and nothing happens.  Do we need to start over (again)?  Stage a coup?  Anything?

Any ideas??

Jefgte

Go a head,
No Russo jap war posted so, no war. Post the next report.

Jef
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Darman

Jefgte

Russo Jap war is not absolutly neccessary early in the game.

We could also post 1902 reports & have the war latter.

Like you want/could.

Jef  ;)
Surcouf

Delta Force

I don't think we need to restart, we just need to keep moving ahead. One issue is that Tanthalas seems to have disappeared.

Darman

Quote from: Jefgte on June 04, 2013, 03:16:00 PM
Russo Jap war is not absolutly neccessary early in the game.

We could also post 1902 reports & have the war latter.

Like you want/could.

Jef  ;)

It may not be necessary but its what I planned from the beginning.  And its a baptism by fire for both myself and Delta since this is the first war, scripted or otherwise, we both are participating in

snip

Honestly, I think its dead and not coming back. We have to few interested for what we tried to undertake. This is the thrid restart that has not goten off the ground in a signinigent way, and I dont know about the rest of you, but I want stablity if Im going to invest the time in a sim like this. For those of you who wish to continue a sim like this, I would advise going to Wesworld (there site is experiencing some DNS problems that should be resolved soon if you cannot get access). There are pleanty of countries open, so you should all be able to fit. Im sorry we couldnt pull this off.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Jefgte

Navalism has enormous developement potential (1901) and exellent Wesworld is in 1943 or 1944. That is the end of life for SS (1950)

If we want to continue 1901 Navalism is up to us to make our presence and our creativity.
We just need a new Moderator. Snip is retired.
Kworld seems to be the most capable and the most available to ensure the following.
It is just for us to no complicate its work.

Jef
Surcouf

KWorld

Quote from: Jefgte on June 06, 2013, 02:35:24 AM
Navalism has enormous developement potential (1901) and exellent Wesworld is in 1943 or 1944. That is the end of life for SS (1950)

If we want to continue 1901 Navalism is up to us to make our presence and our creativity.
We just need a new Moderator. Snip is retired.
Kworld seems to be the most capable and the most available to ensure the following.
It is just for us to no complicate its work.

Jef

The other problem with WesWorld is that it's effectively static: the large alliance structures essentially prevent any action outside of South America.  There's activity, granted, but it leads nowhere.

Jefgte

QuoteThe other problem with WesWorld is that it's effectively static: the large alliance structures essentially prevent any action outside of South America.  There's activity, granted, but it leads nowhere.

The large Alliance structures...
We could modify rules & allow Alliances for medium & small countries.
Big 4 (UK-Germany-USA-France) could'nt be in any Alliances.

Jef
Surcouf

KWorld

I think the problem with Navalism at the moment is simply lack of momentum.  We're finding getting going hard, and it's been made harder by people vanishing (Carth last summer, Miketr last winter, Tanthalas now, etc) or going silent (maybe because things weren't moving, maybe because their life got busy, maybe something else, doesn't matter).