Main Menu

1900HY2

Started by Darman, February 27, 2013, 08:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWorld

Quote from: Darman on April 30, 2013, 10:59:39 PM
Quote from: KWorld on April 30, 2013, 11:07:24 AM
Well, if my offer to care-take Austria had been accepted, we could do that.  Wasn't planning on a war with Turkey in 1900, but it's never a bad time for one from Austria's perspective (at least in this century, the 1500s were a different case).  :)
Thats soooo true. 

My original plan for the Balkans was what I'm currently trying with the ABCs, constant feuding and fighting.  See-sawing wars.  But no real victors or vanquished.  Just a black hole down which money and arms can be thrown.

This would be harder in the world as given, since there's really only Austria of any size in the Balkans now.  OK, Kosovo and Montenegro could go at it, or they could try to gang up on Albania, but other than that....  The Turks and the Austrians could fight along the Bulgarian-Turkish border as well, but that's about the sum of it.

Darman

Quote from: KWorld on May 02, 2013, 06:13:13 PM
This would be harder in the world as given, since there's really only Austria of any size in the Balkans now.  OK, Kosovo and Montenegro could go at it, or they could try to gang up on Albania, but other than that....  The Turks and the Austrians could fight along the Bulgarian-Turkish border as well, but that's about the sum of it.
I know.  Originally I was advocating for an independent Serbia, Greece, Rumania, Bulgaria, etc

KWorld

Quote from: Tanthalas on April 30, 2013, 08:11:53 AM
ok ok fine ill post H2 =P dont expect any real surprises from Italy but ill get it posted.

The trains are not on time in Italia, it seems.

Delta Force

Anyone know when Tanthalas will be back?

KWorld

Quote from: Delta Force on May 11, 2013, 02:13:32 AM
Anyone know when Tanthalas will be back?

Apparently yesterday.

Darman

We kinda need something to spice things up a bit. 

KWorld

Quote from: Darman on May 23, 2013, 10:13:12 AM

I agree.  How about Great Britain declares war on France?  ;)

Darman

Quote from: KWorld on May 23, 2013, 10:19:18 AM
Quote from: Darman on May 23, 2013, 10:13:12 AM

I agree.  How about Great Britain declares war on France?  ;)

Brilliant!  Then get Germany to declare war on Russia!  and Austria will declare on Germany.  And the Ottomans will declare on Italia! 

Walter

We could have Andorra declare war on the US. The US citizens will tremble in fear when the terrifying Andorran Fleet of  folded paper boats arrives by mail and takes over the US.  ;D

Darman

Quote from: Walter on May 23, 2013, 10:38:29 AM
We could have Andorra declare war on the US. The US citizens will tremble in fear when the terrifying Andorran Fleet of  folded paper boats arrives by mail and takes over the US.  ;D
Best idea yet!  lets get folding!

KWorld

Quote from: Walter on May 23, 2013, 10:38:29 AM

Isn't that called the Mouse That Roared scenario?  :)

KWorld

Or, an alternate possibility: Great Britain declares war on Germany, and things spread from there.

Walter

QuoteIsn't that called the Mouse That Roared scenario?  :)
Nothing wrong with that, right?

Alternatively we could have UK vs US round 3. :D

Darman

Quote from: Walter on May 23, 2013, 02:30:32 PM

If the US used skillful diplomacy to neutralize Britain's alliances and ignited wild-fires all over the world, this could work itself out into a stalemate or possibly a small victory. 

KWorld

Quote from: Walter on May 23, 2013, 02:30:32 PM

Or US vs Iberia, round 2.  After all, the Filipinos are still suffering under the Iberian yoke......  ;)