snip

What information are you waiting for?
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

I think he wants to know if the Transsiberian RR will bring any military and economic benefits

Delta Force

Quote from: Darman on March 28, 2013, 04:09:16 PM
Quote from: Delta Force on March 28, 2013, 12:58:47 AM
Quote from: KWorld on March 27, 2013, 10:44:15 AM
Who hasn't posted 1900 H2 reports?  Anyone?

I'm waiting for a mod ruling on Far East projects before finalizing things.

Transsiberian RR?

Also Manchuria.

Quote from: snip on March 28, 2013, 08:10:42 PM
What information are you waiting for?

Information on potential economic and military benefits and official costs for the Trans-Siberian and Manchurian railways. I may even extend that to railway projects in general, as the Tashkent Railway (started around 1906) was another major Russian project and there is always the potential for that particular route to grow into a Persian Railway. I don't expect a Persian Railway to happen, but the Tashkent Railway helped open up Central Asia to economic development, particularly large scale cotton cultivation.

Darman

Well some part of IC generally speaking will go into things like railroads.  However, the transiberian RR is more militarily important and thus costs money to build other than just the regular cost of an IC.  The initial costs will be for the military part.  As time goes on and you write stories based on increased economic activity in the region the mods may grant you a bonus IC for your RR. 

KWorld

So are we just waiting on Italy, Russia, and Turkey for 1900 H2?

Darman

yes.  Tan likes to wait til last I think.  The Ottomans are waiting for the Russians.  And the Russians?  Who knows...

Delta Force

I should be able to finish up H2 today (April 30). I was waiting for information on how to handle the TSR and I now know how to handle it.

Tanthalas

ok ok fine ill post H2 =P dont expect any real surprises from Italy but ill get it posted.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Darman

Quote from: Tanthalas on April 30, 2013, 08:11:53 AM
ok ok fine ill post H2 =P dont expect any real surprises from Italy but ill get it posted.
Ottomans have a surprise in store... WAR DECLARED ON RUSSIA ITALY AND AUSTRIA!!!!!!!!!

just kidding!!

KWorld

Quote from: Darman on April 30, 2013, 10:14:41 AM
Quote from: Tanthalas on April 30, 2013, 08:11:53 AM
Ottomans have a surprise in store... WAR DECLARED ON RUSSIA ITALY AND AUSTRIA!!!!!!!!!

just kidding!!

Well, if my offer to care-take Austria had been accepted, we could do that.  Wasn't planning on a war with Turkey in 1900, but it's never a bad time for one from Austria's perspective (at least in this century, the 1500s were a different case).  :)

Delta Force

Russia's 1900H2 report is posted.

Darman

Quote from: KWorld on April 30, 2013, 11:07:24 AM
Well, if my offer to care-take Austria had been accepted, we could do that.  Wasn't planning on a war with Turkey in 1900, but it's never a bad time for one from Austria's perspective (at least in this century, the 1500s were a different case).  :)
Thats soooo true. 

My original plan for the Balkans was what I'm currently trying with the ABCs, constant feuding and fighting.  See-sawing wars.  But no real victors or vanquished.  Just a black hole down which money and arms can be thrown. 

KWorld

So now we're just waiting on Italy for 1900H2.  Is anyone planning on news for 1900, or can we move forward on 1901?

Darman

Quote from: KWorld on May 02, 2013, 01:25:53 PM
So now we're just waiting on Italy for 1900H2.  Is anyone planning on news for 1900, or can we move forward on 1901?
There will be some breaking news coming out of the Far East in late 1900.  More at ten. *cue commercials*

The Rock Doctor

I should get off my arse and do something about that CFS ship competition.