World of Tanks

Started by snip, October 20, 2012, 12:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snip

So, who else aside from Tan, Darman and me play this?

M10 Wolverine, M18 Hellcat, T-34 and BDR G1B (at least until the ARL 44) driver here. Tan has a Panzer III/IV and Hetzer. Darman has (AFAIK) a M7 Priest, Hetzer, and a M3 Lee (so sorry for you).

So we going to have enough to throw together a decent company sometime?
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Logi

I play it sometimes - T34 Heavy, M103, M36 Slugger, M7 Priest, T20 Medium, BDR G1B, PzKpfw III, Dicker Max, T-34 Medium.

snip

M36 pre-Gun depression buff! Im so sorry
-Siegfried Sassoon

Desertfox

I just joined recently, so only up to an M8 and M37, want that Hellcat, love the SPGs.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Tanthalas

I to only joind "Recently" (realy realy recently actualy) but im bout to twig my first T6 (Proly tomorow if im motivated)

Quote from: Desertfox on October 20, 2012, 07:15:25 PM
I just joined recently, so only up to an M8 and M37, want that Hellcat, love the SPGs.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Logi

I guess I'm the real oldie here - been playing since closed beta. As you can probably tell for my lineup vs my length of playing - I don't play often. However, if there's any questions (like where the weak-spots on a certain tank are) I can probably answer them.

snip

I have the T25/2 unlocked, but haven't go for it yet due to lack of funds. ON a side note, the BDR's guns cant hit the broadside of a barn. Least that 90mm will make the hits painful.

Foxy: Hellkitten is really good, just be prepaird for pain (of the lack of dishing it out to higher tier tanks) until you get the 90mm. Went the M10 line to the Slugger first to get the 90 and then just had to get the turret to have it on the -Kitten once I unlocked it from the M10
-Siegfried Sassoon

Desertfox

What's a good fast-loading SPG to work towards? And a decent non-US medium tank?

Tanthalas

I realy like the Pz III/IV its fast, hits like a truck, and can take a hit (long as you stay away from Heavies).  Ill let you know how the VK3001 is after I get it (still need like 8K XP as of this writing)

Quote from: Desertfox on October 21, 2012, 11:50:49 AM
What's a good fast-loading SPG to work towards? And a decent non-US medium tank?
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Nobody

Interesting, I don't play World of Tanks, but VK3001 should be a Panther prototype. Right?

snip

By SPG do you mean Arty or TDs? The T-34 is a good medium as well, very similar to the Pz 3/4 that Tan loves. The  two top guns for it allow for some adaptablity in its playstyle (still figuring out weather I like the 57mm or the top 76mm better)

Quote from: Nobody on October 21, 2012, 01:27:54 PM
Interesting, I don't play World of Tanks, but VK3001 should be a Panther prototype. Right?

As far as I understand it, the German trees for tanks (non-TDs and Arty) are arranged by the designers up until a point.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Desertfox

Artillery, I love my T57.

Logi

What's a good fast-loading SPG to work towards?
For SPG (assuming Arty) in general the fastest loading would be probably be the French upper tier artillery. The autoloaders works well with artillery because if you manage to track the target, you can lay down the rounds before they repair their track.

For TDs, the best would be the US line. Words can't explain how much better it is to have a turret on a TD, T110ER4 also has high alpha and armor to go with it.

Quote from: Desertfox on October 21, 2012, 11:50:49 AMAnd a decent non-US medium tank?
Depends on your style. If you like sniping you should go for the German mediums. Having played the VK3--1 series, I would say it didn't fit my style. It was too reliant on a gun that requires decent scouting and clear line of fire. It didn't have much armor or speed to back itself up.

The German medium line tops everyone at the Pz IV though (not the III/IV) because of it's complete handwavium Panther 75mm gun. I thought it was getting nerfed though so I'm not sure whether it's as strong now.

If you like having bouncy armor, go for the Russians. Their guns have lower accuracy but I've never found the lost of accuracy to be of much significance at the ranges you'll be fighting at. Russian tanks are just very very forgiving. The T54 is the most known example of this.

From what I've heard though, the US medium line beats everyone at the very end though the tanks before it are not quite as good. The M43A1 seems to be very solid.

Quote from: Nobody on October 21, 2012, 01:27:54 PM
It is. As the tiers go up you start to get more and more obscure designs (which were designed but never built) like the T110E4 and T110E5.

Jefgte

QuoteInteresting, I don't play World of Tanks, but VK3001 should be a Panther prototype. Right?

Nobody,
The best & the nicer during WWII, for me, was the Panther with 88mm gun.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:PanzerV_Ausf.G_1_sk.jpg

Jef  ;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

snip

They did remove the Vaderturm and the Long 75mm from the Pz4
-Siegfried Sassoon