Looking for players?

Started by Alikchi, May 15, 2015, 01:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alikchi

Howdy - I briefly did Navalism Ottomans ages and ages ago (2007!), and had a slightly longer tenure running the Philippines in Wesworld. It has been most of a decade and I have the SpringSharp itch again.

So - are you guys taking new players? Any nations that it'd be nice to have a player running?

If the answer is "no", it is at the very least nice to see this place still kicking along  :)

Logi

Yes it's still open and you would be welcome... but I will have to get back to you on what possibilities there are as far as open slots - that is, unless you already have some choices in mind.

Alikchi

Great!

No immediate preferences as to a slot, I'm open to suggestions. It looks like anywhere that might have a plausible major naval construction capability is occupied. Maybe Sweden [or some kind of Scandinavian Union], somewhere in South America, Australia, or Spain?

Someplace wild like Madagascar or Thailand could be neat but very implausible.

edit: Dug up the map. Leaning towards Sweden, secondarily Brazil or the USCA, maybe Spain.

edit 2: After some thinking and planning.. definitely Sweden-Norway.

The Rock Doctor

Welcome back.

I imagine Spain or Sweden (Sweden-Norway?) are your best bets for new territory at this point

Alikchi

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on May 15, 2015, 12:09:34 PM
Welcome back.

I imagine Spain or Sweden (Sweden-Norway?) are your best bets for new territory at this point

Thank you!

I've been brainstorming about Sweden-Norway (yes, Sweden-Norway: the union lasted until 1905 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_between_Sweden_and_Norway ) for the past few hours and I'm definitely set on it, unless there's any objection.

How should I do this? File a report and news for the next period? How divergent should I be from history here - any opinions?

Darman

I believe divergence is the 1870s?  I might be mistaken.  Some few prior alterations were made as well.  But I believe it was decided that 1870 and onwards was when OTL and NTL diverge. 

Alikchi

Alrighty. I'll start working on a timeline now with divergences from ~1870 onwards. Nothing too crazy. Once a Swedish subforum is set up I'll start posting up.

Walter

So will you call it Norden or Sweway? :D

Alikchi

Quote from: Walter on May 17, 2015, 07:45:45 AM

Greater Svalbard.  ;)

Tanthalas

*gives Greater Svalbard dirty Looks* "Great just what we needed more neighbors in Europe... now STAY OFF MY LAWN" *goes back to giving dirty looks to Denmark*

Seriously welcome back mate, Europe is sorta packed and best of luck to ya (I looked at the Union you are doing and decided against it since the long term prospects looked grim).

Quote from: Alikchi on May 18, 2015, 04:17:42 AM
Quote from: Walter on May 17, 2015, 07:45:45 AM

Greater Svalbard.  ;)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

snip

Hi, I'm snip. One of the mods here. Not super active at the moment because RL is doing its level best to take away all of my free time. Sending a PM with some further stuffs.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Alikchi

Hi Tanthalas, thank you! And hi snip  :)

Had a talk with Snip and Logi and I'll be in South America, not Sweden. Details soon.

Tanthalas

South America has a lot of potential.  Several of the countries there had rather decent navies (even if they had issues maintaining them OTL).

Quote from: Alikchi on May 19, 2015, 12:55:28 AM
Hi Tanthalas, thank you! And hi snip  :)

Had a talk with Snip and Logi and I'll be in South America, not Sweden. Details soon.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Darman

Britain is certainly looking for an export market