Previous topic - Next topic

snip

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

snip

12"/35 Mark VIII: The main guns on the Illustrious and Albion class Battleships as well as in coastal emplacements. Pattern Year 1895-1898, Twin Turrets, Single Turrets and Casemates.

12"/40 Mark IX: Designed as the main gun for battleships constructed after the Albion class. Pattern Year 1900, Twin Turrets, Single Turrets and Casemates

10"/32 Mark III: Gun designed for use on Second Class Battleships. Pattern Year 1895, Twin Turret.

9.2"/40 Mark VIII: Gun used on the Cressy class Armored Cruisers, Albion class Battleships, and in coastal emplacements. Pattern year 1898, Single Turrets and casemates.

9.2"/45 Mark IX: Gun designed for use on post 1900 Battleships and Armored Cruisers. Pattern Year 1900. Twin Turrets, Single Turrets, and casemates.
-Siegfried Sassoon

snip

7.5"/45 Mark I: Gun designed for the secondary battery of armored cruisers from 1900. Pattern 1900. Twin Turrets, Single mounts, and Casemates.

6"/40 Mark VI: The primary cruiser main gun and capital ship secondaries. Pattern 1895-1899. Single mounts and Casemates.

6"/45 Mark VII: Design to replace the Mark VI on post 1899 designs in all roles. Pattern 1900. Twin Mounts, Single Mounts, and Casemates.
-Siegfried Sassoon

snip

4.7"/40 Mark IV: A gun designed for use on Second Class Cruisers. Pattern 1895. Single mounts and Casemates.

4"/40 Mark VIII: A gun designed for use on Pegasus Third Class cruisers. Pattern 1895. Single mounts and Casemates.

4"/50 QF Mark I: Designed to replace the Mark VIII on post 1899 designs. Pattern 1900. Twin Mounts, Single Mounts, and Casemates.

3"/40 QF Mark I: The main tertiary battery gun on all cruisers or larger. Main gun on Chamois and Destructive class Destroyers. Pattern 1895-1898. Single mounts and Casemates.

3"/50 QF Mark II: Designed to replace the QF Mark I in service on post 1899 designs. Pattern 1900. Single mounts and Casemates.

6-pdr QF Mark I: Secondary weapon on all ship types. Pattern 1895-1900. Single mounts and Casemates.

3-pdr QF Mark 1: Replaces the 6-pdr QF Mark I in instances where that gun is to heavy. Pattern 1895. Single mounts and Casemates.
-Siegfried Sassoon