Re: Ships of the US Navy

Started by snip, October 17, 2012, 03:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanthalas

*whistles inocently and waves his hand* "these are not the battlecruisers you are looking for" *more whistling and hand waving*
I swear Asfaloth didnt start out as Derflinger realy it didnt (before everyone shouted me down about 12" guns being to small)... anyway I am going to split this topic off to the meeting room as we are way off topic here.

Quote from: Nobody on October 18, 2012, 10:10:06 AM
Quote from: Tanthalas on October 18, 2012, 10:03:56 AM
VDT was actualy my justification for the type 3 stuff I built, which is my point how long till we realisticly need a type 4? (as Rohan the only ships that ever required one were Asfaloth and her sisters)
1912 for Derfflinger ;)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Delta Force

Quote from: Tanthalas on October 18, 2012, 02:12:17 AM
Dont you guys think that just maybee your giving into hind sight just a tad to much?  I had a hard time justifying a Type 3 to myself letalone multiple type 4s...

Quote from: Delta Force on October 17, 2012, 06:44:57 PM
Quote from: snip on October 17, 2012, 03:33:03 PM
Quote from: KWorld on October 17, 2012, 12:15:05 PM
<shrug>  I've got 10 of each, and that's not counting the Type 4 slips & docks I have (4 of each).  It IS slightly awkward in that it's JUST BARELY over the length of a Type 3, though, so I may see if I can tweak it a little to save around 5 feet.
What? you built type 4s?!

I have two Type 4s and four Type 3s. Since ships are only going to get larger it doesn't really make sense to have large numbers of Type 0 and Type 1 docks when you can produce destroyers assembly line style in larger docks.

Russia will have centralized ship production as Krondstat will be building warships for service everywhere except the Black Sea. The large slips there will be used for assembly line style production of destroyers. The larger slips in Vladivostok and Sevastopol are intended for the repair of larger commercial ships in the area, and in the case of Sevastopol for the construction of such large ships as well.

snip

Only one ship per slipway at a time. Drydocks can build multipule as outlined in the rules
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Delta Force

Quote from: snip on October 19, 2012, 12:14:53 AM
Only one ship per slipway at a time. Drydocks can build multipule as outlined in the rules

I meant to say drydocks instead of slips.

Tanthalas

This is part of my argument against Type4+ slips at startup (aka why I couldnt justify it to myself).  The G3s as originaly envisiond could only tie up at 3 places in the UK (without going into the dificulties building and maintaining them).  Docks make sence given our rule about multiple ships being built in a dry dock but slips well one DD ties up a type 4 as well as Hood would.

Quote from: Delta Force on October 19, 2012, 01:03:01 AM
Quote from: snip on October 19, 2012, 12:14:53 AM

I meant to say drydocks instead of slips.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War