Getting the show on the Road

Started by miketr, September 19, 2011, 01:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miketr

In theory we have a rules set and spending spree.  A key issue of Capital Ship architecture is being worked out.  Maps are are set and have been for a long time.

Do the player see ANYTHING missing as critical before the start of the game?

Michael

snip

I feel that at this juncture, we are going to need playtesting to see if anything else is missing. so the only thing I would see as missing would be a date to get the show on the road and the final details as to how we want to handle the spending of start-up money as I know there had been some descution as to breaking up what was posted when.

Also, I have a mostly finished spreadsheet for the economics that baring any huge changes from the previously posted rules with regards to cost should be ok, but I have yet to compare its costs to the ones in the latest posted rules.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

miketr

Quote from: snip on September 19, 2011, 01:53:58 PM
I feel that at this juncture, we are going to need playtesting to see if anything else is missing. so the only thing I would see as missing would be a date to get the show on the road and the final details as to how we want to handle the spending of start-up money as I know there had been some descution as to breaking up what was posted when.

Also, I have a mostly finished spreadsheet for the economics that baring any huge changes from the previously posted rules with regards to cost should be ok, but I have yet to compare its costs to the ones in the latest posted rules.

N3 rules set was in flux a great deal I expect the same here.

OK lets move this forward.

Could players have their first round of spending spree finished by next Wednesday?  September 28th?  Second round to be ready by 3 days later October 1st, Saturday? 

With official Start date and first turn economics in on Saturday October 8th?  How does this sound for people?

Michael

Jefgte

QuoteCould players have their first round of spending spree finished by next Wednesday?  September 28th?  Second round to be ready by 3 days later October 1st, Saturday? 

With official Start date and first turn economics in on Saturday October 8th?  How does this sound for people?

Too early I think for the first one

(Have an EXCEL board for fast sim is top...)

Jef
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

snip

I say thets let her rip. The 8th seems like a good goal. How much of the spending spree will be due at a time?

All, if you need a spreadsheet for computing spending spree costs or a beta econ spreadsheet for the reports, I would be more then happy to provide what I am using.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Korpen

Quote from: miketr on September 20, 2011, 07:27:52 AM
Quote from: snip on September 19, 2011, 01:53:58 PM

N3 rules set was in flux a great deal I expect the same here.

OK lets move this forward.

Could players have their first round of spending spree finished by next Wednesday?  September 28th?  Second round to be ready by 3 days later October 1st, Saturday? 

Michael
Almost by definition the first round is going to be a trial round and will most likely be re-done.
So I say ASAP so that one can do some feedback and corrections before going live.
So I think we should start as soon as a reasonable number have posted starts, the sooner the better.
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Carthaginian

Wednesday 23 Sept sounds like a winner to me.
I might be a day or so behind on the 03 Oct second round, but maybe not- depends on how my day off goes.

I'll be ready for the official start on 08 Oct either way.
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

TexanCowboy

As mentioned before, nothing until November. I'll catch up then.

Sorry.

Don't wait for me, I'll drop out if it allows ya'll to go ahead.

Tanthalas

"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Darman

Quote from: Carthaginian on September 20, 2011, 10:42:46 AM
I might be a day or so behind on the 03 Oct second round, but maybe not- depends on how my day off goes.

You mean Friday 23 September?

miketr

Quote from: Darman on September 20, 2011, 09:12:38 PM
Quote from: Carthaginian on September 20, 2011, 10:42:46 AM

You mean Friday 23 September?

Quote from: miketr on September 20, 2011, 07:27:52 AM

Michael

COUGH COUGH

snip

Good by me, the quicker we get things going, the better for me as competition season is fast approaching for swimming.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

Unfortunately I might be a bit late with my reports.  I've got a file saved away but my laptop and suddenly decided it no longer desires to live and I am going to attempt to fix it but will probably end up getting a new one.  Its only 5 years old dangit!  Well, 4 1/2.  But I've been doing some things out by hand and I'm going to make an effort to print out the rules now while I'm on my brother's computer so I can do my whole first draft by hand. 

Logi

I might be a little late-  but I have it up within a week of the 23.