Rules (Final Comments)

Started by miketr, September 19, 2011, 07:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctwaterman

Ok.... before I get confused... :o

QuoteTrade with NPC's exists as adding into our base income at our individual tax rate. Routs need to be defined. Value depends on what?
The Value of your trade treaty is dependent upon the Economy of the NPC [Moderator Controlled] and the percentage of its foreign trade with you.  An Exclusive trading agreement is theirfore always more proffitable but also much harder to maintain.  As an Example technically Great Britain was the only country supposedly allowed to trade in or with the Origianl 13 Colonies.  But the ungrateful wretches built their own ships and took up the age old trade of Smuggling and tax evasion.  ???

QuoteColonies work like trade with NPCs, but the value is determined by how much investment is made in them (.5*N$ value?). Routes need to be defined. NPCs can become colonies. Is the opposite true?

I see no reason why a Colony cannot at some latter date become an NPR.....
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

snip

Ok, is the rest of what I stated correct?
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

ctwaterman

Fine Fine make me think before my first Caffine of the night has hit my blood stream.... ???

(.5*N$ value?). so the answer is Yes....  1/2 the value of your investment.....  Lord I hate the smell of math in the morning.... :-X

snip

Ok, thanks.

*throws Vector Calc book at Charles*
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

ctwaterman

*smiles*

What is the Old Saying... Sticks and stone may break my bones but words will never hurt me...

*picks up a very large book*... Hmm Websters Unabridged English Dictionary....   *throws it back at Snip*

Desertfox

Ok Charles... that is cruel and unusual punishment!
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

ctwaterman

Hmmmm...

*Picks up the book he just threw at snip*...... *turns to the definition of Punishment*....

Now if I recall correctly the definition of Punishment uses terms like the unusual or unexpected or Harsh.   Punishment can not be Cruel or Unusual or it is not punishment....?????

So we could conclude that all Forms of Punishment are outlawed by the US Constitution.  ;)

miketr

Quote from: Nobody on September 21, 2011, 03:57:33 PM
Mike cool down, what I mean is that both are added to the GNP before calculating the tax income:

home GNP   3333 $
NPC trade   20 $
from colonies   50 $
tax base   3403 $
--> 3% tax   102.9 $

Right?

YES

The reason I am getting annoyed is we need to be clear on what the different things are. 

Michael

Jefgte

Be carrefull to All

QuoteShip construction Cost
Regular naval ship construction cost is $1 for every 1000t of normal displacement.
Submarines, torpedo boats, destroyers and auxiliaries are priced differently.

The calculation of warships are not made on light displacement but on Normal Displacement.

Jef  ;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Nobody

I have a few more questions.
In the Slipway section a "L:B:D of 21:3:1" is mentioned. Is that an actual limit for slipways, or just an example? (if it is my slips would have to be at least 154 m long, maybe even 189. Although the ships will be only ~120 m)
Also there are detailed examples how drydocks can be expanded, but what about slips?
And how much time does it take to build or expand naval facilities?
Oh, and what about floating (aka movable) drydocks?

And there is still the "colonies contribute to growth only" bit in there - although they don't, do they?

EDIT:
And there seem to be an error in either the rules or the example on colonies.

Valles

Quote from: Jefgte on September 25, 2011, 04:24:47 AMThe calculation of warships are not made on light displacement but on Normal Displacement.

In-character Nipponese practice is meant to be idiosyncratic in this field. You'll note that my 'building tonnage' discussion at the bottom of that post calculates from the Normal tonnage of 3,951, rather than the 'fleet list' tonnage of 3,750.
======================================================

When the mother ship's cannon cracked the signal to return
The clouds were building bastions in the swirling up above
Poseidon the King and the Wind his jester
Dancing with the Lightning Lady Fair
Dancing with the Lightning Lady Fair

miketr

Quote from: Nobody on September 25, 2011, 05:32:43 AM
I have a few more questions.
In the Slipway section a "L:B:D of 21:3:1" is mentioned. Is that an actual limit for slipways, or just an example? (if it is my slips would have to be at least 154 m long, maybe even 189. Although the ships will be only ~120 m)
Also there are detailed examples how drydocks can be expanded, but what about slips?
And how much time does it take to build or expand naval facilities?
Oh, and what about floating (aka movable) drydocks?

And there is still the "colonies contribute to growth only" bit in there - although they don't, do they?

EDIT:
And there seem to be an error in either the rules or the example on colonies.

Sorry slipways are pure length, Guinness was trying to draw a comparison between costs was all.  Math for slipways is JUST A slipway of X m length costs X^3/600.

Slipways can't be expanded, they just are X length.

I will try to purge the colonial growth stuff tonight or tomorrow morning; thanks for the catch.

Michael

Walter

If I am not mistaken, with a cost determined by the furmula X^3/600, a slip is a heck more expensive than a dock. ;)
A 150x20x8m dock is $14.4 while a 150m slip is $5,625 and thus almost 400 times more expensive than a drydock.  ::)

Korpen

Quote from: Walter on September 26, 2011, 01:48:07 PM
If I am not mistaken, with a cost determined by the furmula X^3/600, a slip is a heck more expensive than a dock. ;)
A 150x20x8m dock is $14.4 while a 150m slip is $5,625 and thus almost 400 times more expensive than a drydock.  ::)
5,6 is not 400 times more then 14 and a bit...
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Walter

150^3/600=5625

Also:
$5,625 = $5625 = five thousand six hundred and twenty five
$5.625 = $5 5/8 = five and five eights