Tech Establishments (final comments)

Started by miketr, September 14, 2011, 07:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanthalas

I would say we use Nobodies program personaly.  and as jef has said could we get all the rules in one spot (atleast the ones that are finalized)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Delta Force

Quote from: miketr on September 15, 2011, 07:53:52 AM
Let me put it this way.  I want to avoid seeing ships that displace 18,000 tons, armed with 3x2 14" guns in a A-Q-Y layout with a dozen or so 6" guns in casements.  This is what I see as the end result of a free for all system. 

How do we avoid this with rules that are not 2,000 words long and or do not require case by case moderator / group approval?

This is my objective.  Does everyone agree that this is a reasonable goal?

Michael

I think a tonnage cap would be a good way to stop ships that are too large from being built.

ctwaterman

I think the cost of Building the Slip, the Dry Dock and of necessity large ports for it to operate out of are the start and they already are built directly into the system no changes necessary.

The next thing is the level of ship building tech.   These larger ships will take longer to build, fit out, and commission into your navy.   That is something I am working on a system to help implement.  The penalties to construction time would decline as ones tech matures.
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

miketr

Quote from: Jefgte on September 17, 2011, 04:24:41 PM
Well Modos, or Mods Team(like you wrote)

We all have discusions about much & much subjects & rules since the restart & the move to N4
We have pieces of rules everywhere in much topics

Is it possible now to start the topic.
"RULES"
(Modos update this locked topic).

Again, Modos, Thanks alot for your work & time.

Jef  ;)

We will try to get this posted tonight.  I will get a chance to go over stuff with Charles in person before the Bills Raiders game.

Michael

TexanCowboy

I still want revenge on the Bills for what happened back in that Oilers-Bills game.

ctwaterman

Sorry Tex...   Our Raider Fan Buddy was also looking for Revenge for that 52 to 3 blow out in the Play offs back in the 90's.  Now he wants payback in the form of the Bills Defeating the Chargers for him....  Like we already didnt knock off Kansas City for Him.  :o  You could wait until week 13 to see if the Houston er Tennesse Titans can knock off the Bills.
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

TexanCowboy

Tanthalas

which is right the hull strenght rules here, or the ones in the rules thread?  Kind of matters as .05 is alot of Composite.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War