In need of Info from every nation for my timeline

Started by Tanthalas, August 20, 2011, 09:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanthalas

the war between Mexico and Deseret is efectivly over on Nov 13, 1849.  I need the date (if Ever) that each of you recognise Deseret as a nation.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Walter

Uhm... when Deseret declared its independence? :)

snip

hmmmm...April 20th 1850 sounds like a good date for official recognition. We at least want to make sure they have the ability to stay independent before we need to back them up  :) but Im sure that unofficial support would be forthcoming when the war starts up.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

TexanCowboy

Tan.

If you want to declare it over on that date, it'd probably be a really, really good idea to coordinate with me and Foxy in trying to write the timeline for the third Texican War (which we have slated to end in Febuary, 1850, at this point). Otherwise, there's probably going to be raids into Mexican territory written in that, because of the lack of coordination, might be Deseret territory at the time.

Probably 1854-5ish area for me, I see it developing recognition similar to OTL Texas. Say November 27th, 1855 or so.

Carthaginian

Acadia will not truly be an independent nation by this time... so the real question is how long after Acadia is released before they are recognized by Deseret. ;) Acadia will recognize Deseret as soon as they are independent themselves.
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

Nobody

Germany doesn't even exist before 1871, and the myriad of small states probably does not bother with things outside Europe.

Valles

Probably several months later, given travel times and lack of interest.
======================================================

When the mother ship's cannon cracked the signal to return
The clouds were building bastions in the swirling up above
Poseidon the King and the Wind his jester
Dancing with the Lightning Lady Fair
Dancing with the Lightning Lady Fair

miketr

Byzantium, figure within a month after FORMAL end of the conflict.  At the same time this is the mid 19th century.  Byzantium would NOT send a full ambassador for many years.

Michael

Darman

How long did the war last?  And probably early January May 1850 for formal recognition. 

TexanCowboy

Guys, I think it might be important to remember that the news of this victory probably won't even reach TEXAS before January 1850. The other side of the pond, maybe by March. Add to that a nation such as Texas (OTL) wasn't recognized as independent until 1839 by France, after achieving independence in 1835, makes it seem like many of us are jumping the gun.

Darman

True... part of the reason I was asking how long the war was.  If it looks like Deseret is going to be independent  (i.e. turning point in the war) then within a half-year or so of that (when news reaches New England) informal recognition might be forthcoming. 

Sachmle

Austria would most likely not recognize Deseret for quite some time after the formal conclusion of hostilities. We would need to see that the new 'nation' was in fact that, and not some rebel offshoot of the former (Mexico IIRC) and that the former wouldn't be 'reclaiming' it's territory any time soon. Why recognize a nation that only lasts a few years.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

ctwaterman

Informal Recognition by USS by January 1851 Formal Recognition and exchnage of Embassy' probably by January of 1852.  It is a good Journey around South America by Cliper ship just to send a letter in this time.   

Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Desertfox

Deseret? Never heard of them. The people up north? The Russians? Weren't they recognized at some other time...? :-p
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

snip

Quote from: Desertfox on August 21, 2011, 11:25:35 PM
Deseret? Never heard of them. The people up north? The Russians? Weren't they recognized at some other time...? :-p

That depends on who you ask...
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon